UP! BOX AUTO HEIGHT PLATE FELL OUT

Share your experience with UP BOX and UP BOX+
steveyb

UP! BOX AUTO HEIGHT PLATE FELL OUT

Post by steveyb » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:48 pm

Auto height setting has failed several times. I noticed that the thin metal spring in the rear left corner gets twisted to the left so the nozzle misses it and an error occurs, vibration during printing seems to cause it, so you straiten in out when its twisted. However finally this plate has fallen out completely so I am without auto height setting. I have tried to push it back in without success. There is no documentation covering this. I cant believe i'm the only one with this issue? I am otherwise very pleased with the UP! BOX, but this feature is very poor. I have learned how to set the nozzle height using the several sheets of paper and nudging the bed up till within 1mm then using 3 sheets of paper as a feeler gauge. Make sure the nozzle is centered. You cant do this above the auto place as the cut out wont give you accurate bed height. Otherwise set if for 209mm nozzle height, that's about right. You need to have a model loaded to do it.

Does anyone have any relevant advice that they have personally done regards fixing this issue, ie auto height plate fell out, how to put back in?
ie NOT someone who has done nothing and feels like writing something irrelevant...

Tiertime-Jason

Re: UP! BOX AUTO HEIGHT PLATE FELL OUT

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:17 am

You are not alone. We have some reports about the plate fall off. It is pretty annoying. If you still have the plate, you can put it back by putting a paper in between the plate and the pcb, and then slide the plate back into the slit.

ideas108

Post by ideas108 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:34 am

Hi
It happened to us the thin plate came out very easily. there is a screw that I loosened and was able to push the plate back in BUT there is no way to know how far out it should sit so nozzle is measured correctly. I think its a version 1 box issue that hopefully is fixed in the later boxes. Was very very frustrating until with the help of the NZ support crew we worked out what was happening

regards
John

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:26 am

Yup, mine fell out too. I couldn't get it back in by feel so took it apart to do so, not realising that one of the screws was an adjuster. After putting it back together the call was even further out than normal.

I'm sure with some effort it could be corrected. Instead I just set the height manually once, and then tweak as required based on how well the raft adhered to the board on the last printed.

It would be nice if we could do the manual cal to get a number and then tell the software to tell the auto sensor "this is what this height looks like" rather than twiddle a screw over and over again until they match.

Cheers Owen.