Up Box higher quality prints

Share your experience with UP BOX and UP BOX+
tel

Up Box higher quality prints

Post by tel » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:53 pm

My UP Box works perfectly at 0.25 layer height, but as soon as I set it to 0.2, 0.15 or 0.1, it prints about 4-5mm of the object and then the nozzle gets jammed and I get airprints. I tried manuallu backing the nozzle height of 0.2mm but doesnt do anything. Any ideas?

Tiertime-Jason

Re: Up Box higher quality prints

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:30 am

I think it is related to print speed and material.
First make sure you are not using PLA with ABS temperature.

Second, If you are using third party filaments, it could be softened before entering the nozzle and block the printhead. This happens occasionally with UP Filaments as well. This is because the printhead stepper motor tend to stay quite hot during printing.
When printing with thicker layers, the print speed would actually increase, which means filament will spend less time being heated by the stepper and thus has no problem.

You may try filament with a higher melting temp (UP filament recommended) or use some cooling mods which other community members developed, to provide more cooling to the printhead.

tel

Re: Up Box higher quality prints

Post by tel » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:14 am

Thanks Jason. Ill try the cooling mods. Printing using the UP ABS filament so shouldnt be that, but did see some burn marks on the white when I used that so you may be on to something.