Octave Temperature Switch on Up Box

Share your experience with UP BOX and UP BOX+
steelmans

Octave Temperature Switch on Up Box

Post by steelmans » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:23 pm

If any others on here are looking to add an Octave Temperature Switch to their Up Box I have produced a simple spacer to mount it.

The spacer fits under the print head fan and holds the Octave wires and existing mounting clip securely....

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/sp ... nter-14112

Acris

Re: Octave Temperature Switch on Up Box

Post by Acris » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:54 pm

steelmans wrote:If any others on here are looking to add an Octave Temperature Switch to their Up Box I have produced a simple spacer to mount it.

The spacer fits under the print head fan and holds the Octave wires and existing mounting clip securely....

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/sp ... nter-14112

Hey Steelmans,

Does the temp switch for the old afinia/up! work on the new UpBox and H800? If so, what is the success rate for prints with 3rd party ABS? I have been waiting for Octave to come out with one for the Upbox but have not seen one yet...

steelmans

Post by steelmans » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:33 pm

Acris wrote:Hey Steelmans,

Does the temp switch for the old afinia/up! work on the new UpBox and H800? If so, what is the success rate for prints with 3rd party ABS? I have been waiting for Octave to come out with one for the Upbox but have not seen one yet...
Yes its the same temp switch. I've not used 3rd party ABS yet as I like the Up stuff. I have used it for CEL PLA (from my Robox printer) and Polywood. Both worked great.

Acris

Post by Acris » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:05 pm

steelmans wrote:
Acris wrote:Hey Steelmans,

Yes its the same temp switch. I've not used 3rd party ABS yet as I like the Up stuff. I have used it for CEL PLA (from my Robox printer) and Polywood. Both worked great.
Neat! Please keep me informed about 3rd party ABS on it. I would really like to know if it works just as good as the switch on the previous models. Thanks!

tel

Post by tel » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:07 am

I've picked up the Octave Temperature Switch for my Up box but the wiring isnt long enough to mount it under the fan using the spacer. Anyone else had this problem? There doesnt seem anywhere else to mount it so wondering what others have done who have come across the same issue.

Acris

Post by Acris » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:45 pm

tegregg wrote:I've picked up the Octave Temperature Switch for my Up box but the wiring isnt long enough to mount it under the fan using the spacer. Anyone else had this problem? There doesnt seem anywhere else to mount it so wondering what others have done who have come across the same issue.

Hey Tegregg,

I also ran into this issue. My temp switch just kind of dangles off the side at an angle. Nothing too crazy but it is not perpendicular at all. It should still make it to the outside of the housing.

Good luck!

tel

Post by tel » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:21 am

Worked out the issue. There is a different switch for the Up Box. The switch I got was for the Up Mini and Up plus 2, instead of the Up Box. Switch still works, but doesnt fit as nicely as the Up Box version.

wackojacko

Post by wackojacko » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:30 am

The new UP Studio replaces the need for this switch now.
Bruce
http://www.3DPrintingSystems.com

Need help with your printer, check out our Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/3dprinting ... /playlists