Problems With New UpBox

Share your experience with UP BOX and UP BOX+
Acris

Problems With New UpBox

Post by Acris » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:25 pm

I just received my UpBox printer and have been having some problems with it. I auto leveled the bed and nozzle then started a print. It seemed that the raft didnt want to stay down throughout the print. I read a few ways to get the nozzle height better manually so I tried doing that. The raft seemed to stick better but not sure if it is still off. The nozzle height sensor seems a bit skewed to me. It seems it should be level/parallel to the plate. Its off to an angle(see pictures below)

I have had parts shift mid print as well and there are big steps in the resolution that protrude from the model. The support material does not come off well in some areas too. From what I have seen of peoples prints off this machine, mine is not coming close.

Also has anyone had issues with the software rendering ? I will have my model in the build area and try to rotate or zoom and it does nothing until I minimize the window to see the changes. Running 2.15 on windows 7 professional.

Not sure if I have a lemon or just missing something

Any help would be much appreciated!

Skewed Nozzle detector

Shifted boot

Shifted Glove

stormychel

Re: Problems With New UpBox

Post by stormychel » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:47 am

That's awful for such an expensive machine... :(
@stormychel

Acris

Post by Acris » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:24 am

stormychel wrote:That's awful for such an expensive machine... :(
Yeah, unfortunately, mine was not the out of the box ready to print machine as they billed. I just hope I can get some solution soon. :cry:

gordon37

Post by gordon37 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:50 am

Hi Arcis,
after unpack my upbox. I just did a auto level + auto height, the level was fine but the extruder head scrapes on the perf board when printing the first layer, after that I have just set the extruder height a bit higher than its detection, now I am using 208.7, all good.
Yes I had the same problem of up sotware freezing, somethime I have to minimise the window after each action, but as long as it works, I am ok with it.
I only get the result you have posted one time, that is because the perfboard came out of its place during printing, after that. I use a binder clip to clip one side of the perf board everytime. problem fixed.
you have to use a screw driver to adjust the screws on the print bed slightly to make sure the perf board fit flat on the print bed with no gap.

Acris

Post by Acris » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:17 pm

gordon37 wrote:Hi Arcis,
after unpack my upbox. I just did a auto level + auto height, the level was fine but the extruder head scrapes on the perf board when printing the first layer, after that I have just set the extruder height a bit higher than its detection, now I am using 208.7, all good.
Yes I had the same problem of up sotware freezing, somethime I have to minimise the window after each action, but as long as it works, I am ok with it.
I only get the result you have posted one time, that is because the perfboard came out of its place during printing, after that. I use a binder clip to clip one side of the perf board everytime. problem fixed.
you have to use a screw driver to adjust the screws on the print bed slightly to make sure the perf board fit flat on the print bed with no gap.
It seems my auto height sensor shipped crooked. Going to try and re-mount it but I definitely am going to manually set the nozzle height.

I got a support open with UP! and they mentioned adjusting the three thumb screws in front of the bed and under. Not sure exactly where I want to be with the values on the bed calibration. I am assuming all of them should be close in values?

Still trying to work the kinks out. Have you had any trouble with the support material? It seems there is a good amount of it and hard to extract in some deep areas.

Thanks for any and all feedback! Its truly appreciated as I am going mad trying to get this printer printing results that I have seen it make.

gordon37

Post by gordon37 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:11 am

sorry about your height sensor,
adjusting the bed level has nothing to do with nozzle height I suppose, just try a couple numbers, find one that would print 1st layer find and wont scratch the bed.
support removal was good for up filaments, if you use zabs, use 260deg and you will be fine.

pp3dp.nl

Post by pp3dp.nl » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:03 pm

Sometimes you also have to RTFM ;)

Page 13 and 30 have some info. You can use the 3 manual adjustment screws to level the platform the best you can and then automatic calibration should work better.

Acris

Post by Acris » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:35 pm

gordon37 wrote:sorry about your height sensor,
adjusting the bed level has nothing to do with nozzle height I suppose, just try a couple numbers, find one that would print 1st layer find and wont scratch the bed.
support removal was good for up filaments, if you use zabs, use 260deg and you will be fine.

I finally got the nozzle height correct and the bed level. The raft is nice and tight to the board and the support material comes off nice. However, now I am running into the problem where my prints are distorted and shifted. The resolution and calibration looks good, but at 3 times during the printing, it seems the model gets shifted. I noticed when the print was done I could push the entire extruder unit back into the housing about a half of an inch.

Barring the distortion It seems I am almost there. Can not believe all the issues I have had with this machine so far.. :cry:

pp3dp.nl wrote:Sometimes you also have to RTFM ;)

Page 13 and 30 have some info. You can use the 3 manual adjustment screws to level the platform the best you can and then automatic calibration should work better.
Got it nice and level! Now to address the shifting during printing.

Acris

Post by Acris » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:34 pm

Is there a way to adjust the temp on these machines?

Tiertime-Joseph

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:57 am

Hi Aris,

Very sorry for the problems that you have encountered.

Please contact your reseller, or support@pp3dp.com. Our technical team will help you solve the problems.

Joseph

Acris

Post by Acris » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:20 pm

Tiertime-Joseph wrote:Hi Aris,

Very sorry for the problems that you have encountered.

Please contact your reseller, or support@pp3dp.com. Our technical team will help you solve the problems.

Joseph
I have been for over a week now. Slowly getting things resolved but nothing much from the manufacturer support really. Hope to hear back soon.

Tiertime-Joseph

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:30 am

Aris,

Sorry for the delay.

Just talked to our support team, and there should be already a solution on the way.

Joseph

charley

Post by charley » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:32 pm

Acris wrote:

I finally got the nozzle height correct and the bed level. The raft is nice and tight to the board and the support material comes off nice. However, now I am running into the problem where my prints are distorted and shifted. The resolution and calibration looks good, but at 3 times during the printing, it seems the model gets shifted. I noticed when the print was done I could push the entire extruder unit back into the housing about a half of an inch.

Barring the distortion It seems I am almost there. Can not believe all the issues I have had with this machine so far.. :cry:

pp3dp.nl wrote:Sometimes you also have to RTFM ;)

Got it nice and level! Now to address the shifting during printing.

Had similar problems out of the box, although not as severe.

The nozzle height detector came crocked as well, pushed it back by hand, and seems to work ok, although I am surprised how lose it was.

Print bed was quite a bit out-of-level, one corner was nearly 2mm higher, but not hard to adjust the screws and level it off. One criticism for the manufacture in terms of design, is the levelling screws weren't ball loaded to the print bed, so when you turn the screw (especially the one furthest from the front door), the print bed will twist and jump a little.

Still have problem calibrating the x-y stage, the calibration print consistently came out as 124.8mm diagonal, instead of 124mm, regardless of the calibration values I put in. Really not sure what went wrong there.

Had the shifted print problem several times as well, I suspect it was to do with the filament spool got stuck at some point, pulled the print head out of alignment. I have since make sure to unwind and loosen the spool before print, and the problem has not reoccur since.