WiFi Failure = "Printer Not Responding"

Share your experience with UP BOX and UP BOX+
RichScan

WiFi Failure = "Printer Not Responding"

Post by RichScan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:06 am

Super happy with my Up Box+ but am very frustrated with the fact that I can't use the printer without a USB cable. Went through the provided steps to connect the printer to WiFi & it seems to succeed. The printer with a WiFi icon in the upper right appears in the UP Studio + Settings + Printers section but when I try to select it I see a "spinner" then I get the message "Printer not responding". Here's my setup.

* Windows 10 (64 bit)
* UP Studio v2.5.32.461
* WiFi provided via a mesh network (eero) that supports WPA2 PSK AES security

I'd like to mention that I have a wide variety of devices from many manufacturers sing the network (phones, laptops, PS4, printers, smart home, etc), and have not had any issues except for the UP Box+. I love the results this printer is producing and would love it even more if I could run jobs via WiFi and monitor the job with my phone. Any help on this s greatly appreciated since scraping this forum hasn't elped so far.

RichScan

Re: WiFi Failure = "Printer Not Responding >> HELP! <<

Post by RichScan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:09 am

Dammit. Now the printer won't appear via the USB cable. Windows beeps when the USB cable is plugged into my computer but the printer is not available in UP Studio. This means I can't use the printer via WiFi or USB. What the hell?

bjorn

Re: WiFi Failure = "Printer Not Responding"

Post by bjorn » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:24 am

Is your phone an ipad? Afaik thats the only platform their app works on

RichScan

Re: WiFi Failure = "Printer Not Responding"

Post by RichScan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:26 pm

Got it going again. The following article gave me the clue...

https://support.tiertime.com/hc/en-us/a ... 10-system-

To fix it I uninstalled UP Studio, deleted the TierTime folder under C:\Users\[userName]\AppData\Roaming, then reinstalled Up Studio.