UPBOX printer won't print in front corner

Share your experience with UP BOX and UP BOX+
jonathanetchells

UPBOX printer won't print in front corner

Post by jonathanetchells » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:51 am

Hello,

I have a UPBOX printer, and have been printing with it for 2 years successfully, when all of a sudden, the printer stopped printing in the front left corner (nearest the door, and furthest away from the print filament reel).

The printer initiates, and starts ok, but it does not lay down the 'tester' strip of filament, as usually it is in that corner. If i place the print object in the back right of the print bed, the print seems to work fine, however i have encountered recent issues where it will stop and start printing mid-print.

The filament tube consistently makes a clicking noise when it is not laying down filament, almost a gear slippage sound.

Here are some solutions that i've tried:

• Re-levelled the printer automatically and manually numerous times
• Relocated the printer and re-levelled
• Changed the way the filament is fed into the print head - i bypassed the tube system, and fed it straight through the lid into the print head
• Changed the filament spool
• Changed the filament type to ABS (currently print with PLA most of the time)
• Lowered the temperature of the nozzle by 15 degrees when printing
• Disassembled the print head, cleaned the feeder gear and inspected the gear 'teeth' - some of them look ever so slightly worn, but not excessive

Not sure what else to try, but as i have said it has now started 'slipping' even on the right rear corner where it was fine before. Could it be that the gear motor is on its way out?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers, Jonathan.

TiertimeBrook

Re: UPBOX printer won't print in front corner

Post by TiertimeBrook » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:37 am

Hi Jonathan,

For this situation, You can check the extruder cable, insert and reinsert it, if not work, thinking about replacing a new cable and test.
We have a client who ever meet same problems with you , and solved by replacing the cable.

Regards
Brook