UPBOX printer won't print in front corner

Share your experience with UP BOX and UP BOX+
jonathanetchells

UPBOX printer won't print in front corner

Post by jonathanetchells » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:51 am

Hello,

I have a UPBOX printer, and have been printing with it for 2 years successfully, when all of a sudden, the printer stopped printing in the front left corner (nearest the door, and furthest away from the print filament reel).

The printer initiates, and starts ok, but it does not lay down the 'tester' strip of filament, as usually it is in that corner. If i place the print object in the back right of the print bed, the print seems to work fine, however i have encountered recent issues where it will stop and start printing mid-print.

The filament tube consistently makes a clicking noise when it is not laying down filament, almost a gear slippage sound.

Here are some solutions that i've tried:

• Re-levelled the printer automatically and manually numerous times
• Relocated the printer and re-levelled
• Changed the way the filament is fed into the print head - i bypassed the tube system, and fed it straight through the lid into the print head
• Changed the filament spool
• Changed the filament type to ABS (currently print with PLA most of the time)
• Lowered the temperature of the nozzle by 15 degrees when printing
• Disassembled the print head, cleaned the feeder gear and inspected the gear 'teeth' - some of them look ever so slightly worn, but not excessive

Not sure what else to try, but as i have said it has now started 'slipping' even on the right rear corner where it was fine before. Could it be that the gear motor is on its way out?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers, Jonathan.

TiertimeBrook

Re: UPBOX printer won't print in front corner

Post by TiertimeBrook » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:37 am

Hi Jonathan,

For this situation, You can check the extruder cable, insert and reinsert it, if not work, thinking about replacing a new cable and test.
We have a client who ever meet same problems with you , and solved by replacing the cable.

Regards
Brook

MakerTree3D

Post by MakerTree3D » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:54 pm

Also, since you've stated that the printer fails to extrude at the front left corner, the culprit may likely be the hard white ribbon cable that goes from the back of the printer to the toolhead mount.
When the printhead moves to the front left corner, this is where that FFC ribbon cable can be flexed he greatest, and over some time, it could've fatigued, giving intermittent signal while printing essentially cutting off the signal to the toolhead when in that position. The point of failure may be found where the white FC cable enters the toolhead mount ( extruder transition board). When the printer is turned off, you could manually move the toolhead into the front left position to see where the flex point is there, then once unplugged it's usually fairly easy to see the split or fatigue spot in the cable. It's also recommended to change out the small extruder transition board (where the FF cable plugs in on the toolhead side).

While the short ribbon cable that plugs directly into the extruder head can also give similiar extruder skipping symptoms, the position of the toolhead when OP is having the issue presenting itself, greatly points towards the main FFC cable being the main problem area.

henrydevid4

Post by henrydevid4 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:12 am

Actually, I agree with this because I also faced that problem. So if you want solution then my suggestion is that you just go and get some reviews from online. And also you just reset the driver and after that, you will print it easily. I think that will help you properly.

Albertjohn247

Post by Albertjohn247 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:51 am

Your printer may become Paused following an error with a print job. Offline status may occur with network-capable Epson printer wifi setup failed like the Expression Home XP-820 where, after first setting up the printer on a USB connection, you then disconnect the USB cable and set it up as a network printer instead.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:12 am

More spam, but the report spam button is still broken!

Owen S