filament not feeding on print

Support for UP BOX and UP BOX+. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
jason.fletcher@locks4vans.co.uk
filament not feeding on print

Post by jason.fletcher@locks4vans.co.uk » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:31 pm

my Up box plus has just developed a strange fault after 2 years fault, filament extrudes ok and extracts ok when loading a new roll of filament, but after doing a manual level test to make sure all is ok, once the print starts the drive gear is just clicks like there is a jam and no filament is drawn in, i stop the print immediately and extrude some filament manually it comes out fine, so no blockage. i have changed the head with a new one today ( New ABS variant ) set it up and the same thing happens, extrudes manually but not during a print! ive had no issues with this printer up to now, all i can think it is is something wrong with the latest software update?

HELP! :oops:

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Re: filament not feeding on print

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:35 am

OK, silly question first, after the bed level did you set the nozzle height? If so how?

If that's good what happens if you stick a deliberate nozzle height that places the nozzle way above the bed and start a print? Does it feed OK then? If this is good increment down until the raft adheres nicely to the bed.

Owen S.

bjorn

Re: filament not feeding on print

Post by bjorn » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:04 am

Do you level the printer while the bed and printhead is hot? Both expand and will cause less clearance when hot