Problem with my raft! Anyone can help me???? :)

Support for UP BOX and UP BOX+. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
MARCELODAWG

Problem with my raft! Anyone can help me???? :)

Post by MARCELODAWG » Sun May 21, 2017 3:08 am

Hi guys, I'm having a problem with the raft of my UP BOX (picture with black filament). I already did auto level, nozzle high, auto level manual, that is, I tried everything and I can not leave my raft ok to print. In my old BOX UP (picture with white filament), everything is ok, but with the new one I bought, I can not leave it ok. Has anyone ever been through this in the community? Can you help me? Could it be the extruder shaft motor? Because my old UP BOX, it is much faster to print and causes the filament to not have time to fall between the filaments as you can see in the photos.
Attachments
OLD_UPBOX.jpg
OLD UPBOX
OLD_UPBOX.jpg (159.55 KiB) Viewed 7847 times
NEW_UPBOX.jpg
NEW UPBOX
NEW_UPBOX.jpg (576.07 KiB) Viewed 7847 times

iPeel

Re: Problem with my raft! Anyone can help me???? :)

Post by iPeel » Sun May 21, 2017 8:58 pm

I've seen stuff like that when I have levelling settings that does not contain a zero point (on of the boxes with zero in it), make sure one of your levelling points is zero and reference very other box from that point.

MARCELODAWG

Post by MARCELODAWG » Sun May 21, 2017 9:27 pm

Hi Peel, thanks for this heads up. But I tried this also. I spent 2 nights analysing both printers with the same file, same configuration etc... and I got a conclusion that OLD UPBOX recognize that 3rd layer is the lines of RAFT and start with more speed and less filament extrude in order to have the perfect line for Raft.
And the NEW UPBOX, didn't recognize the same way as OLD UPBOX, so the speed of the extruder is low and the filament extrude is the same as first layer (too much extrude filament), after the Raft layers, the print job is normal and the printer finish the parts well.

But if you need a support, due this issue, the support can't stand and fixed on the top of the Raft and make the job fail.

:( :( :(

amd-tec

Post by amd-tec » Fri May 26, 2017 5:09 pm

Try the nozzle offset.
"3D design with intelligent printing"
http://www.amd-tec.com

MARCELODAWG

Post by MARCELODAWG » Tue May 30, 2017 1:36 am

I tried. The problem is other. The up can't do the same as other up, with the same file, same configuration. I don't know why????

LovelyTwo

Post by LovelyTwo » Wed May 31, 2017 2:06 am

Have you tried changing the temperature of the extruder. I've noticed that not all temperature sensors are created equal, and most of the problems caused by the raft/support interface sticking too well to the model on the UP BOX+ were cured by lowering the print temperature by 5 degrees. Maybe your raft problem is similar, maybe the raft is dropping because the filament is too fluid, also try adjusting the fan door setting. My up box+ doesn't exhibit this raft dropping issue, with any of the version of studio i've used.

heberallred

Post by heberallred » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:06 am

I'm getting this same issue on my UpBox printers. I have 6 UpBox and 6 more UpBox+ printers. For some reason the UpBox printers are printing this same wavy pattern on the raft, and makes it very difficult to print parts that are flat on the bottom. Does anyone have a solution?