Activation - Error: Server Connection Failed

Support for UP BOX and UP BOX+. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
PYHJo

Activation - Error: Server Connection Failed

Post by PYHJo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:29 am

We have a new UP3D box but we've been unable to Activate it.
We get the error "Error: Server Connection Failed". I've attached a screencapture.

Can anyone help with this? We are in a school, behind a proxy server / firewall, but I cannot find any documentation to suggest any special ports need to be opened for this equipment to function.

Thanks,

Jo
Attachments
3d printer screencapture.png
3d printer screencapture.png (88.23 KiB) Viewed 6184 times

Tiertime_Bryant

Re: Activation - Error: Server Connection Failed

Post by Tiertime_Bryant » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:18 am

Hi,
The most probably reason which cause the problem was the software couldn't connect to the server,or the vasion of the UP Studio.
You can try to activate it another time,or you'd better download the latest vasion of the software to try it.
Moreover,i am glad to receive your reply whether it slove your problem.

PYHJo

Post by PYHJo » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:55 pm

We were using the most up to date version downloaded from the website. I will try activating again today.

Jo

PYHJo

Post by PYHJo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:20 am

The only version of the software we can successfully log in with is the 1.6 beta.

None of the others including the latest will allow us to log in. The new versions with the "normal" vs "quick" login don't work either, and the design browser / doesn't work as that also appears to need some non-standard internet access.

This software is being used in schools and schools often have very strict firewalls allowing normal web access only - this is also often out of the schools' direct control. Our experience with this software so far is very poor indeed.

Tiertime_Betty

Post by Tiertime_Betty » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:48 am

Pls update your software to v1.8!
In this version , you can set proxy server where "setting"--"network setting"--choose "normal link"--"proxy"
PYHJo wrote:We have a new UP3D box but we've been unable to Activate it.
We get the error "Error: Server Connection Failed". I've attached a screencapture.

Can anyone help with this? We are in a school, behind a proxy server / firewall, but I cannot find any documentation to suggest any special ports need to be opened for this equipment to function.

Thanks,

Jo