(REPAIRED) ERROR: NOOZLE TOO COOL

Support for UP BOX and UP BOX+. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
espinetegg

(REPAIRED) ERROR: NOOZLE TOO COOL

Post by espinetegg » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:31 pm

SOLVED:

-FFC flat White cable replaced
-Hotend replaced

Hi everybody, My upbox gives next error:

upbox start printing and it stops when it has printed the bed and basement of the model. It doen´t happend always, I have printed small models and no problem. 3 times happen with this model.

Other problem is that support structure is too weak and doens´t gule properly to the basement, not enough strong (is set by default)

Thanks

UPDATE:

Hi again, I bought a new UP BOX Extruder V2 and Error continues, printer stops during printing (UPBOX LETTERS RED), NOOZLE TOO COOL, so I suppose UPBOX must have other hardware problem

I tested different STL files and different UP studio versions, so It´s not a soft problem

Last edited by espinetegg on Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:26 am, edited 7 times in total.

tel

Re: UPBOX ERROR: Err Code: 012

Post by tel » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:59 am

Check the wires to your extruder block assembly, sounds like they may be disconneting during printing resulting in it not maintaining heat.

The temp may also be the cause of your support issues, but you can go into the print preferences and select stable support before printing which makes it stronger.

espinetegg

Re: UPBOX ERROR: Err Code: 012

Post by espinetegg » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:55 pm

Thanks tegregg, I will check it and test with stable support activated

espinetegg

Re: ERROR: NOOZLE TOO COLD

Post by espinetegg » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:48 pm

UPDATED

pleppik

Re: ERROR: NOOZLE TOO COOL

Post by pleppik » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:01 am

I'm guessing that the NOZZLE TOO COOL error is likely a defective hot end, since the problem started after you replaced the extruder.

Nozzle Too Cool is mostly likely to be caused by loose or broken wires to the hot end heater.

espinetegg

Post by espinetegg » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:43 am

pleppik wrote:I'm guessing that the NOZZLE TOO COOL error is likely a defective hot end, since the problem started after you replaced the extruder.

Nozzle Too Cool is mostly likely to be caused by loose or broken wires to the hot end heater.
Hi pleppik,the problem started before I replaced the extruder, with the original extruder. I replaced the extruder after getting error, to test and verify where is the problem, so the problem is not in the extruder, not in broken wires to the end heater.

I found other user who had the same problem, he comments that his first upbox stopped heating the nozzle :( --- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=55412#p46611

Kingsten

Post by Kingsten » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:14 am

Is likely to be extruder behind the white flexible flat cable contact is not good, you may need to check the install or replace.

arhi

Post by arhi » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:58 am

you can have a cold joint on the small pcb on top of the print head, there can be a problem also on the track cable going from that board to the main pcb ..

do a simple test, try extruding (you can do it without filament but better with) not printing and monitor temp, then wiggle cables on the top board and see if you get the error reading temp again

espinetegg

Post by espinetegg » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:16 pm

arhi wrote:you can have a cold joint on the small pcb on top of the print head, there can be a problem also on the track cable going from that board to the main pcb ..

do a simple test, try extruding (you can do it without filament but better with) not printing and monitor temp, then wiggle cables on the top board and see if you get the error reading temp again
Thanks for the idea, I will test.

espinetegg

Post by espinetegg » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:22 am

Hi guys,

UPBOX was sent to the SAT and they repaired it. The problem was:

-FFC flat White cable replaced
-Hotend replaced

I have to congrat spanish SAT, exactly in 1 week I had my UPBOX repaired

Regards

espinetegg

Re: (AGAIN) ERROR: NOOZLE TOO COOL

Post by espinetegg » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:58 am

4 prints after repair.....SAME ERROR...this unit is defective

JuanCR

Re: (REPAIRED) ERROR: NOOZLE TOO COOL

Post by JuanCR » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:43 am

I have a similar proble: usually "noozle too cool" and sometimes "too hot"...
Though was a software issue (Up Studio V1.2.3.3) because when printing with Up V2.15 hadn't this problem, then I could upgrade to V1.2.3.4 and could finish ONE print after the problem appeared again.
Will test the printer with V2.15 one more time and repeat with newest Studio software to compare...
Lately I only have problems with my two printers (Plus and Box) and I can hardly do my job.
And I need the Studio software because I'm checking some filaments but ABS, so I need to change extrusion temps.

espinetegg

Post by espinetegg » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:47 pm

I had the problem with all software versions.

My local distributor changed me the unit for a new one.

JuanCR

Post by JuanCR » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:53 pm

Finally it isn't a software issue. Cleaned the temp sensor and test again...
* my printers aren't in warranty yet.