1st Layer Adhesion Problem

Support for UP BOX and UP BOX+. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
mikefalino

1st Layer Adhesion Problem

Post by mikefalino » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:16 pm

Hello Community,

I am a first time 3D printer using an UPBOX+ for work. I have done a lot of exploring for info on how to get started, and thought things would go smoothly when setting up the new printer.

My main issue off the bat, and the one that is preventing me from moving forward, is nothing will stick to the provided perforated, or non-perforated plates provided in the box. I haven't yet tried blue painters tape, as it seems odd that the ABS and provide plates don't work.

I'm just test-printing a small cube, nothing complicated, and can't get any adhesion.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

TiertimeJoshua

Re: 1st Layer Adhesion Problem

Post by TiertimeJoshua » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:54 pm

Hello,

Welcome to the community.

The problem you referring to is common if the nozzle height was not properly set. The printer is not smart to know the position of the nozzle itself. It relies on the calibration to set the height.

You can use the UP Studio to automatically set the height, or manually adjust the height. Or, if you see the first layer not sticking to the bed, go into the UP Studio and use the offset to lower the height.

Please give it a try and see if there is any improvement.

BTW, we are going to shut down this forum very soon. Please join our new forum https://forum.tiertime.com/, or our facebook group.

Thank you

Josh