UP Box turn off at certain position.

Support for UP BOX and UP BOX+. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
dewa

UP Box turn off at certain position.

Post by dewa » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:09 am

Hi, I'm having a problem with my UpBox. I encountered this problem while using the Auto Level. When the nozzle went to the front left position, it will automatically turned off. I thought this was the only problem. Then while using calibration, the No. 7 position is also a problem. Should there be any electrical interference in this position due to the ribbon cable is in extended position? Or is there any problem?
" :lol: Print until the last filament drop! :lol: "

dewa

Re: UP Box turn off at certain position.

Post by dewa » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:45 am

I have finally found the solution. It was the ribbon from the back to the nozzle getting a bit loose. When it arrives at the Front Left position, the ribbon is at the furthest length and I tried to test by wiggling the ribbon a bit and *poof* the machine shut off (return to yellow light)..

The solution I made might be temporary only by sticking duct tapes around the ribbon and secure it to the back of the printhead.

I hope others can give other solution as I know that the duct tape wont stick for long in the Hot Temp chamber. :)

Tiertime-Jason

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:35 am

I am not sure if you are using the latest printed parts. You can try download the latest UP software 2.17 and print out the "Printhead PCB Cover V2" file and replace the old pcb cover the new one. The cover will prevent up and down wiggling of the FFC cable and prevent it to get loose.

dewa

Post by dewa » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:52 am

Tiertime-Jason wrote:I am not sure if you are using the latest printed parts. You can try download the latest UP software 2.17 and print out the "Printhead PCB Cover V2" file and replace the old pcb cover the new one. The cover will prevent up and down wiggling of the FFC cable and prevent it to get loose.
Thanks Jason

:lol: Just downloaded the 2.17 and printed the parts you've mentioned.. Unfortunately, :( this didnt do much as the machine will shutoff if the ribbon is stretched when it gets on the far point.. I suspect the ribbon is getting loose from it's socket. Will looks into this soon.

MARCELODAWG

Post by MARCELODAWG » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:40 pm

hi Dewa,

Did you get the correction? I just change the ribbon cable and it works!