where are you

UP User Group in UK and Ireland
eyUP

Re: where are you

Post by eyUP » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:44 am

Garry wrote: Hi MrMaker, if you happen to read this, I would be interested in the aluminum plate you mention. But I'm not sure how to contact you? I looked for a way to send a PM but was not able to do so. Thank you. Garry
If you look to the right hand side of each post of a thread, the user's name is shown with a small PM button underneath it.
If it's not there then maybe you need to get past first post moderation restrictions.

mr6k

Post by mr6k » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:32 am

Roller,

I guess that if you are covering the glass in Kapton Tape, then even if the glass cracks the glass will be held together by the tape, so relatively safe. do not have this experience myself as I use Kapton tape directly on the original UP plus ali platform.

A hint when using Kapton. Where I design my own parts I design in a very slight shallow notch a few mm long on the bottom edge of the object. I do not use rafts and use minimum support. When the object has been printed I can get a small blade under the notch and lever the object off the platform by levering the dull edge of the blade against the platform itself, without putting stress on the platform mount. So I rarely need to take the platform off to get an object to un-stick, despite how well they do to Kapton Tape.

Of course I can only do this to objects that can have this small notch on their bottom edge.

cheers

Peter

-soapy-

Post by -soapy- » Thu May 23, 2013 8:56 pm

I'm in the Midlands.

I'm also a director of the relatively new fizzPOP makerspace, which is a non-profit company in the manner of many hackspaces. The UP! is my own machine though, I was one of the early adopters, my machine was number 98, IIRC..

pilotltd

Post by pilotltd » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:30 am

Hi All - just got my Plus 2 a few days ago - I'm in St Helens in South Lancs.

Overall I'm impressed - far better quality prints than most I've seen though I do have a problem with front and back faces of prints being much rougher than the sides. I'll have a look see if I can find any solutions anywhere but if you any ideas please shout up.

Thanks

Steve

plundh

Post by plundh » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi all-

I'm in St Albans, Hertfordshire. I have had my UP! Plus since this summer. Have made some beautiful prints, but am having some problem with warping.

Best.

-Peter

Jerrycon

Post by Jerrycon » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi
Solihull West Mids
Up plus 2

mr6k

Post by mr6k » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Hi Peter in St Albans,

I am also A Peter from St Albans, UK Running an UP plus for almost two years now.

cheers

Peter

Bluesteel

Post by Bluesteel » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:19 pm

I'm in Downham Market, Norfolk. Got my first Up! Mini from Maplins and am still struggling understanding the manual regarding calibration....

Julian