Filament and Suppliers

UP User Group in Australia and New Zealand
roller

Re: Filament and Suppliers

Post by roller » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:12 am

just to set the record right. If the person you spoke to at Bilby was a "he", then is was not Lee, because Lee is a "she", and a very pleasant young lady to speak to.
Once again, from my personal experience I have found Lee extremely helpful, and knowledgeable about 3D printing.
Yes Lee is very helpful and knows her stuff.
I have a collection of emails from Lee that state with adamant and sometimes belligerent absolution that Black Jack is actually the genuine Up filament. When I politely pointed out that a mistake had been made and I'd been sold a non genuine Lee fired back again and again the Black Jack was the genuine filament from PP3DP and Bruce she claimed over and over that it was 3D Printing Systems who told her that it was definitely genuine. So I think you might want to have a talk with Lee before you come to their defense as they are certainly hanging you out to dry. She also claimed their filament comes direct from PP3DP not 3D Printing Systems as the local distributor and was therefore genuine.

As for Lee being a she - that's hard to tell from email - the only way we have communicated. I stand corrected. I know more male Lees/Leighs (with both spellings) than female, hence the presumption.

mec949

Post by mec949 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:56 am

hey bruce [wackojacko]

what's the surprise for the first of january?

or, if the surprise has been posted elsewhere, a link if you please :mrgreen:

wackojacko

Post by wackojacko » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:14 am

Sorry it has been delayed until we get it sorted.
Bruce
http://www.3DPrintingSystems.com

Need help with your printer, check out our Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/3dprinting ... /playlists

josejuako

Post by josejuako » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:17 pm

Here are all info

http://www.3ders.org/pricecompare/

Filaments Suppliers and Machines

Madox

Post by Madox » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:44 pm

O.o what announcement!?!?!?!

josejuako

Post by josejuako » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:28 pm

If the machine is as they say it is a machine for software professionals should be commensurate with the publicity, and I want a real machine and not an artifact like Reprap toy. Let's see if you really can or not.

mec949

Post by mec949 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:35 am

um...just a thought, can we have someone [Lawrence maybe] set as a moderator. but only for the ANZUP group. it would control spam and such that infiltrates this group : )

ment with the best of intentions :mrgreen:

josejuako

Post by josejuako » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:44 am

? What I have done wrong to you dicriminen me, be kind, inform, share?.

marto

Post by marto » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:55 am

josejuako wrote:If the machine is as they say it is a machine for software professionals should be commensurate with the publicity, and I want a real machine and not an artifact like Reprap toy. Let's see if you really can or not.
This is spam. Not on topic. Not related to anything else posted here. If I was a mod it would have been removed.

Also back on topic. No response from Bilby :( meant to be back in the office next week. Will ping them then . Otherwise definitely going off my suppliers list.

Steve

mr6k

Post by mr6k » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:18 am

Marto,

Josejuako's replies are not, in my opinion, spam. If you look elsewhere on this forum you will see that he is just very frustrated about the manufacturers lack of response to the commonest complaint about the UP, lack of temperature control. I believe he placed his response on this thread as it specifically relates to filament and suppliers, a situation which would be pertinent to extruder temperature control. English is obviously not his first language and I think he is trying to communicate the best he can. Yes he did go a bit OTT last week placing responses to almost all threads but he has been admonished for that and explained his frustration in a response on another recent thread. I respect his attempts to communicate with us in English, could many of us, I wonder communicate in his language?

cheers

Peter

marto

Post by marto » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:35 am

Yes the poor english doesn't help, but posting in every thread about your request for temperature control isn't really necessary.

His listing of all the filaments, their costs and suppliers is appreciated. But the complaint about the temperature control really isn't necessary here. Its been posted everywhere else more than once. While loosely related its just another place to dump a rant in my opinion. I am easily annoyed and so are others obviously and he asked what he had done, so I answered.

TBH its probably a bit personal and it should not really be up to users to say anything a good mod would have quietly removed it and the last 4 posts would just disappear and no one would be the wiser.

On this note if that note it the GODs would like to make this post and others disappear that would be appreciated.

DrewPetitclerc

Post by DrewPetitclerc » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:28 pm

mr6k wrote:Marto,

Josejuako's replies are not, in my opinion, spam. If you look elsewhere on this forum you will see that he is just very frustrated about the manufacturers lack of response to the commonest complaint about the UP, lack of temperature control. I believe he placed his response on this thread as it specifically relates to filament and suppliers, a situation which would be pertinent to extruder temperature control. English is obviously not his first language and I think he is trying to communicate the best he can. Yes he did go a bit OTT last week placing responses to almost all threads but he has been admonished for that and explained his frustration in a response on another recent thread. I respect his attempts to communicate with us in English, could many of us, I wonder communicate in his language?

cheers

Peter
I agree completely!
Drew Petitclerc
Petitclerc Designs
Owner/Senior Principal Designer, prototype, tooling and test equipment design and 3D printing
http://flash-graphics.deviantart.com/
http://www.thingiverse.com/DrewPetitclerc

twocycler

Post by twocycler » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:14 am

While i wouldn't have gone about making a point in the same way Jose did, i felt sorry for the guy. I have seen people on here recently throwing around threats of lawsuits and being generally nasty. To immediately start saying that Jose should be banned for his multiple posts IMHO would be a ridiculous way to treat someone who was a very earlier purchaser and member of this board (Aug 2010). I have been reading this forum since right after it was launched, and i always felt a friendly and supportive vibe from a number of the early adopters, Julia, Drew and Jose included. Lately there seems to have been more of a lynch mob mentality that for me personally has been disappointing.

DrewPetitclerc

Post by DrewPetitclerc » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:42 am

twocycler wrote:While i wouldn't have gone about making a point in the same way Jose did, i felt sorry for the guy. I have seen people on here recently throwing around threats of lawsuits and being generally nasty. To immediately start saying that Jose should be banned for his multiple posts IMHO would be a ridiculous way to treat someone who was a very earlier purchaser and member of this board (Aug 2010). I have been reading this forum since right after it was launched, and i always felt a friendly and supportive vibe from a number of the early adopters, Julia, Drew and Jose included. Lately there seems to have been more of a lynch mob mentality that for me personally has been disappointing.
I agree completely!
Drew Petitclerc
Petitclerc Designs
Owner/Senior Principal Designer, prototype, tooling and test equipment design and 3D printing
http://flash-graphics.deviantart.com/
http://www.thingiverse.com/DrewPetitclerc

josejuako

Post by josejuako » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:13 am

Thank you very much for the understanding and support for Drew, twocycler, Marto.

roller

Post by roller » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:19 am

Also back on topic. No response from Bilby :( meant to be back in the office next week. Will ping them then . Otherwise definitely going off my suppliers list.
Same - awaiting some kind of response - need to clarify the return address.
While i wouldn't have gone about making a point in the same way Jose did, i felt sorry for the guy. I have seen people on here recently throwing around threats of lawsuits and being generally nasty. To immediately start saying that Jose should be banned for his multiple posts IMHO would be a ridiculous way to treat someone who was a very earlier purchaser and member of this board (Aug 2010). I have been reading this forum since right after it was launched, and i always felt a friendly and supportive vibe from a number of the early adopters, Julia, Drew and Jose included. Lately there seems to have been more of a lynch mob mentality that for me personally has been disappointing.
I wouldn't call it spamming but I would call it trolling - posting to inappropriate threads, posting in huge text and bright colours. An with respect to language, take a look at Jose's full list of posts. When engaging in a technical discussion he is quite articulate but when going off on a push for temperature control the posts become a little more rantish and less carefully articulated. I agree wholly with what Jose is asking for (temp tuning) but I think the approach with posting, often the the exact same thing, off topic in many threads will put many people off side and on almost all forums I've been on earn him a warning from the moderators if not an immediate boot - that's not to say this is reasonable but that it is the common practice.

marto

Post by marto » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:28 am

Did you get a response from Bilby?

Steve

roller

Post by roller » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:33 am

I didn't get a reply to my email nor did I get a chance to call them due to my first day back at work.

marto

Post by marto » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:40 am

Just sent another email.

See if I get a response.

roller

Post by roller » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:00 am

I called. Just asked for the address and I'm posting it all back today I hope.