Looks like we are up and running

UP User Group in Australia and New Zealand
mec949

Re: Looks like we are up and running

Post by mec949 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:08 am

welcome to the group. not a real lot happening but its nice to see others have taken the plunge and bought an up!

welcome aboard :mrgreen:

mec949

Post by mec949 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:58 pm

Aussie Uppers!
Who in Australia still sells The Up Plus v1. I have found one or two places and I still have to check out a few remote control/model car etc places local to me. I'm not sure that the auto level and height upgrade is worth the extra cost to me.
Last edited by mec949 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ktronik

Post by ktronik » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:15 pm

mec949 wrote:Aussie Uppers!
Who in Australia still sells The Up Plus v1. I have found one or two places and I still have to check out a few remote control/model car etc places local to me. I'm not sure that the auto level and height upgrade is worth the extra cost to me.
Personally I am looking forward to a future larger build area, even if it is only bigger in one direction : )

What would be your ideal print bed dimensions ? 25 x 15 x 15 ?
http://www.pp3dp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23595

maybe you should read this before you decide...K

mec949

Post by mec949 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:47 pm

Ktronik
Thanks for the education on the current limits and flaws of bed plate size.
That comment has been removed from my previous post. With the remaining statement on availability being the primary question in the first instance anyway.

Where are my options to buy?

ktronik

Post by ktronik » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:51 pm

mec949 wrote:Ktronik
Thanks for the education on the current limits and flaws of bed plate size.
That comment has been removed from my previous post. With the remaining statement on availability being the primary question in the first instance anyway.

Where are my options to buy?
I must say, my one was a bit cheaper than the 2, and NOW i would not need the extras....so for me 1 one is the go, but it looks like its hard to find,

I no people have had issue with these guys, but it does say they have some, but could be outdated info, that they have not changed...

https://www.bilbycnc.com.au/DispCat.asp ... ubCatID=87

K

wackojacko

Post by wackojacko » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:51 am

From what I know we have 1 unit left and so does C-it in WA. I don't know any other resellers with stock.
Bruce
http://www.3DPrintingSystems.com

Need help with your printer, check out our Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/3dprinting ... /playlists

mec949

Post by mec949 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:07 am

wackojacko wrote:From what I know we have 1 unit left and so does C-it in WA. I don't know any other resellers with stock.
wackojacko, just private messaged you. :mrgreen:

mec949

Post by mec949 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:27 am

My fellow uppers, I just unpacked my brand new up plus 2. Yes! I finally splurged and bought one.
It looks cool, seems devoid of any true instruction manual, which is very disappointing.

Quick question (first of many I am sure), the extruder assembly is at an angle to the top cross bar, is that how it should be?
And where can I DL a comprehensive up plus 2 manual?

Nice to truly join the rest of you. :mrgreen:

roller

Post by roller » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:38 am

Doesn't sound right. In earlier models (regualr Plus) we had to fit the extruder on arrival - later ones it came prefitted. On the Mini it is attached with magnets. Did they maybe go for the same magnetic attachment in the Plus 2. But checking the manual is a good place to start and I'm too lazy ... you can get it here:

http://3dprintingsystems.com/support/3d-printer-manual/

That's the generic link for all manuals from the AU importer and generally one of the most up to date suppliers globally it seems.

mec949

Post by mec949 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:42 pm

Roller, thanks for the manual brother! would have been nice to get one of those in the box, maybe I'm only old fashioned.

One big noobie question. Trying to print, but the platform is not heating as I would expect it to (only room temperature). Could someone be kind enough to explain what the under platform heater is supposed to appear like, as I have no frame of reference...I just want to get printing.
:mrgreen:

I have sent an email to support as suggested. Yet if someone already knows how to remedy this, I'd be most grateful

roller

Post by roller » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:12 pm

Talk to support at 3D printing systems (same site as the manual) they would have wholesaled your printer and as it seems to be DOA with the heater I'm sure they will be happy to help you over the phone.

mec949

Post by mec949 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:14 am

Did so this morning, thanks for the advice roller.
They were very helpful and will send a replacement part out asap.

I've waited since 2005 for a 3D printer, another couple of days is of no consequence.
The Up 2 seems like a very robustly built machine, looking forward to playing with it.

:mrgreen:

mec949

Post by mec949 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:58 am

Got a new heater board today (type 3 I think)
Installed it, tested with anticipation, and, nothing - platform still not heating.
Support not answering, busy or weekend... left an email.
The aluminium block does register a small 2° heat increase when I rest my hand on it for a minute otherwise it sits at about 22° regardless of how long you preheat the platform.

This might be silliness but ... I noticed the white 'paper cable' that connects to the heater, and to the board in the pillar, is connected at the heater end with printed writing facing up, yet on the board in the pillar the cable goes into the connector with writing facing down. Or am I counting at straws?

Any advice is welcome :shock:

mb20music

Post by mb20music » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:57 am

mec949 wrote:Got a new heater board today (type 3 I think)
Installed it, tested with anticipation, and, nothing - platform still not heating.
Support not answering, busy or weekend... left an email.
The aluminium block does register a small 2° heat increase when I rest my hand on it for a minute otherwise it sits at about 22° regardless of how long you preheat the platform.

This might be silliness but ... I noticed the white 'paper cable' that connects to the heater, and to the board in the pillar, is connected at the heater end with printed writing facing up, yet on the board in the pillar the cable goes into the connector with writing facing down. Or am I counting at straws?

Any advice is welcome :shock:

Yes that would be the Type #3 heater if it is attached to a circuit board. It might be that the ribbon cable for the table heater is not plugged into the CPU board. You might be able to see if it is connected by looking thru the ventilation openings on the right side of the printer. If you can't see it, then you would have to break the "security seal" and remove the cover to check it.

mec949

Post by mec949 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:21 am

I don't think breaking security seals need to be broken at this stage. I just thought that one end of the thin white paper cable may have been put in upside down. Which way should the thin white paper cable at each end, writing up or writing down?

mb20music

Post by mb20music » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:44 am

mec949 wrote:I don't think breaking security seals need to be broken at this stage. I just thought that one end of the thin white paper cable may have been put in upside down. Which way should the thin white paper cable at each end, writing up or writing down?
On mine the writing is up

mec949

Post by mec949 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:44 am

At which end, the heater end, and/or the pillar end (I believe the other end of that cable connects to a board in the pillar, with a rainbow cable coming off it). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

mb20music

Post by mb20music » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:13 pm

mec949 wrote:At which end, the heater end, and/or the pillar end (I believe the other end of that cable connects to a board in the pillar, with a rainbow cable coming off it). Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't know about the end going into the pillar. But on the end connected to the heater board, the writing is facing up.

mec949

Post by mec949 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:33 am

I'm just thinking that after a replacement heater board, and the same problem occurring, maybe it is the cable?

mb20music

Post by mb20music » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:37 am

mec949 wrote:I'm just thinking that after a replacement heater board, and the same problem occurring, maybe it is the cable?

Doubt that the ribbon cable would be faulty. Could just be that the table heater connector on the CPU board is loose or not connected...