Need warm table over 100 degrees. Help please

Post improvements made for UP, and share ideas.
Soberman

Need warm table over 100 degrees. Help please

Post by Soberman » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:26 pm

Hy everyone.
Some times ago I was made temp mod for nozzle. Knob with impedance.
Now i need to warm table over 100 deg. (120-135 degrees is need)
The UPStudio can't this.
How can i do this mod? Help please. need to much. ((((

arhi

Re: Need warm table over 100 degrees. Help please

Post by arhi » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:03 am

what printer?

with up 2 (plus) should be possible but you need to replace the heating element as with existing heating element max temp you can get after insulating bed with cork from both sides is around 105C :( ... dunno about mini's and other printers

1. you need an external mosfet driver (e.g. something like this and external power supply
2. you need a new heater block, 80W should do (I use 120W myself made from 2x60W pushed from both sides, measure your hole and see what heater cartridge you can find 2x40W should work but I recommend 2x60W)
3. topen the Y arm, remove the bed, slide the bed post from the pcb hosting sensor and heater
4. remove the heater from the pcb
5. connect 2 wires going to heater to the input of your external mosfet driver, push new heater into the bed post and connect it to output of the mosfet driver, connect external psu to external mosfet driver

now you have enough power to heat up the bed to over 100C that's maximum with existing heater

now if software does not allow you to set temp that's higher then 100C mod that sensor same way you modded the extruder sensor to be able to set different temp

p.s. *MAYBE* you can just put a stronger heater catridge (80W) instead of original one and *maybe* it will work... the heatbed fet on board is IRF530N that has a heatsink on it and it should be good up to 12A (so 144W) but I really can't say that pcb is able to handle 80+W there and IIRC there's no fet driver so that IRF is open with pathetic 3.3V so it will heat up at 2A already.. even if it's open with 5V (and I doubt) that's maybe 5A and that's barely enough for 60W .. now if I'm wrong (I might be don't remember the pcb completely) and they are opening the fet with 10+V then it might be able to drive 80-120W heater directly ... in any way I did not want to risk it myself so I added external fet driver and external psu (that I use to drive the octoprint, leds and other stuff there too) and it works flawlessly as I need temps 140-150C often for my bed

p.p.s. as you can see on the picture, I'm routing my cables "externally", it's ugly but it works, you should be able to route cables trough the frame, house the fet inside the frame etc etc.. but I did not want to bother this is simpler solution :) and it works for me (it's ugly but who cares it works great)
Attachments
photo_2018-07-02_03-05-45.jpg
photo_2018-07-02_03-05-45.jpg (111.18 KiB) Viewed 2223 times

Soberman

Post by Soberman » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:28 am

arhi wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:03 am
what printer?

Thank you very much for your answer.
Unfortunately understood not all.
If I need to change the heater element which is needed? Can you provide a link? The same thing about the power supply.
I don't know much about components.
I bought sitallik glass (do not know English term). When it heated, the plastic sticks to the glass. When cooling off the ABS falls off.
No glue, no tape. But for good adhesion need a temperature above. (120-140 degrees)

Ihave a up first revision (red printer whith 140x140mm table)

Thank You oncу again.
I need You help! :)

arhi

Post by arhi » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:44 am

this mod is not for beginners :(

Soberman

Post by Soberman » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:28 pm

I solved the problem simply and radically.
Insulate the table from the bottom.
I removed the temperature sensor from the table and placed it just under the table.
The table is heated higher and to the desired temperature.
Print simply on glass. No glue, no tape.