UP Mini 2 Mod - run out of filament pause.

Post improvements made for UP, and share ideas.
nemesis

UP Mini 2 Mod - run out of filament pause.

Post by nemesis » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:17 am

Hi guys, I've been trying to implement wackojacko's guide for making a filament pause device with a roller ball limit switch for my Up Mini 2. Well, I kinda failed... Miserably... And need some help :)

Basically, in Up Mini 2, "door check" slot is empty, so the front door sensor cable must have been somehow hardwired to the board. When I tried wackojacko's mod and plugged it in the existing empty door check slot, it actually works! But then because I couldn't find a way to disable the existing front door check, they kind of clash and it's a no go. I tried removing the bottom magnet on the front door so it stays open all the time (which then roller ball works) but then this is only the case if you've already started a print when the magnet was on, otherwise, UP Studio won't allow you to start a print.

So, I'm wondering if anyone knows how to implement this mod properly on a Mini 2 (well, I'm a newbie). I've already printed air for hours which is not good for the printer because all that energy has to go somewhere, if it's not going to 'melting the plastic' then it just leaves some heavy load on the extruder. Unfortunately, Up Studio's spool counter is way far away from accurate as well.

pmviana

Re: UP Mini 2 Mod - run out of filament pause.

Post by pmviana » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:02 am

Hi,

I'm interested on this also, anyone?

Best prints,
PV

nemesis

Post by nemesis » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:06 am

No one? :( not even the UP staff?

tel

Post by tel » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:10 pm

you could email him at bruce@3dprintingsystems.com to see if he can help.