Heated Build Chambers

Post improvements made for UP, and share ideas.
odiegel

Re: Heated Build Chambers

Post by odiegel » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:11 am

The largest panel is currently 320 x 330. Will see if I can reduce it down to 300 wide. Will just depend ont he total disatnce I need front to back for paltform movement. Will measure it on my printer on Monday.
Cheers
Olaf

Blown454

Post by Blown454 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:18 am

@Wilsonj I have access to an 18 wheeler sized laser CNC table that could cut the metal pieces if you are going to make the specs available? Not sure what you plan, but I would add another set and send out to you if you don't have a laser cutter at your disposal. I am using one of those big plastic tupperware bins as an enclosure now and I don't like it too much lol. For warping, I have nothing that works better than enclosing the build area (and I have my printers setup in a warm draft free area!). I could probably design one that would work, but doubt it would be as nice as yours. 8-)

@Odie - our table can cut plexi/ all sorts of plastics too, so that could be cool too! I hope all is well with testing, looking forward to something to close this thing Up! ;)

wilsonj

Post by wilsonj » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:04 pm

Sorry for the late replies. Been real busy with a new addition to the family!

Yes I do plan on making these enclosures available, for what I hope will be a pretty reasonable price.

Blown454, thank you for the offer, but I have access to a laser cnc. Although I'll probably release the files anyway so you can make your own.
Regards
Jamie
3DPrinterGear.com.au

Blown454

Post by Blown454 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:18 pm

@wilsonj - No worries m8, I comletely understand! The files would be most appreciated, but either way I appreciate your efforts and what comes to be from this. I'm using a big tupperware container as a heat chamber now and it is working great with the exception of not being able to see anything in process ;). So many projects, so little time! Thanks for all your help with this! :)

odiegel

Post by odiegel » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:24 am

Hi Guys,
Currently traelling. Brunei now, and South Africa next. When I get back to NZ on Nov 5th, I'll do a test of the lasercut acrylic enclosure (for which the design is now 99% complete).
If it all works as expected I'll upload all the dxf or illustrator files onto thingyverse so you can make your own FOC.
Attached is what the near final design looks like. Only the door hinges left to source.
Cheers
Olaf
Attachments
enclosure2.jpg
enclosure2.jpg (68.55 KiB) Viewed 8032 times