new forum and website feature request

Post questions or suggestions for website and forum
Tiertime-Jason

new forum and website feature request

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:55 am

Hello Everybody,

We are considering upgrade the forum and rebuild the website.
If you want any features or have any suggestions, please feel free to post here!
We are listening!

Regards,

Jason

pp3dp.nl

Re: new forum and website feature request

Post by pp3dp.nl » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:55 pm

Hello Jason,

I am curious about the new website, I hope it will be nice. I have some suggestions and desires for TierTime/PP3DP.

I am very familiair with the Inspire and Up series of printers and I hope both will merge/come together more. I think the inspire series could really benefit from the positive image from PP3DP and Up users are REALLY looking for bigger and more professional machines. Up and Inspire software are very similar (same algorithm) but there are more options for Inspire. A lot of people with experience with Up's would like the options from the Inspire (Model Wizard) software.

So I hope the 2 will merge into:

- 1 website for all machines, Up and Inspire
- 1 wonderful piece of software (with advanced funcions maybe hidden for experienced users) to ''rule them all''
- 1 new series of machines with hopefully a new in between machine with the power of the Up (also pricing hopefully down towards Up prices)

Thanks for listening!

KCSteve

Post by KCSteve » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:47 pm

As mentioned before, it would be nice to have a little more interaction from the company. It's nice to have a space for ourselves, but it's even nicer to have a channel to official answers.

For those of us who like to read all of the messages it would be nice to have 'next / previous' topic buttons.

Also fix the search so you can search for things like 'PLA".
Enjoy!

KCSteve :->

Tiertime-Jason

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:44 am

Hello Guys,

Tiertime is going to participated more in the forum instead of just approving posts, that is for sure. We hope the next forum could be better in term of functionality and community experience.

The Inspire series are industrial models that will be remain separated from UP as they are products for a very different market.

Regards,

mr6k

Post by mr6k » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:58 pm

Jason,
You seem to have ignored for a long tome that there is already such a topic wish list under the up plus heading called dissciussions, then wish list. If you cannot even respond to this why should we believe starting a new forum would help!

peter

mr6k

Post by mr6k » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:00 pm

Jason, It is under annoucements, not discussions, my error sorry

cheers

Peter

LonV

Post by LonV » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:51 pm

+1 on being able to search for things like "PLA"

pp3dp.nl

Post by pp3dp.nl » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:10 pm

Now with the new Up Box machine I see that some points I wrote have been ''granted''. I noticed the new machine has ''Tiertime'' as logo and it's called the Up Box so there is more synergy between the 2 companies. And it's not an inspire printer but that is what i meant, a bigger machine with the strong points from PP3DP Up machines.

So I also hope the Up software will see some new features because i know ModelWizard has some nice functions not in the Up software. I do rather use the Up software because of ease of use but like many others requested: an advanced users tab with more possibilities like slice parameters would be really nice.

But i am very excited about the Up Box and I am very eager to see what the new website and forum will look like. :D

roller

Post by roller » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:35 pm

You need an FAQ ... the same questions get asked many many times. The FAQ should be maintained by your power users rather than the company staff as you answer users in the best interests of the company and not the users. A wiki system with edit access only for some of the forums power users would be best. It also stops inexperienced users giving malinformed information to new users.

It would be nice to improve the search as previously mentioned but I know if you stick to phpBB the search limitations are something I guess we need to live with (such as not be able to search 3 etter or common words like PLA) and google is an easy way around this.

Adding some of the power users as limited moderators might help with spam (which still gets through). At least add a forum area to report the spam that does get through.

I suggest these things because this is what we did to improve CNC forums I participate in ... or used to before returning to uni and 3D printing took up all my time.

pp3dp.nl

Post by pp3dp.nl » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:00 am

Is this still happening :?: ;)

The PP3DP website hasn't been updated in ages, the pictures are very old and the only thing I see updated is the software/support section.