Unable to stay logged in to forum

Post questions or suggestions for website and forum
woofy
Unable to stay logged in to forum

Post by woofy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:36 pm

I have never been able to stay logged in to the forum. Is any one else having the same difficulty?
I check the box and never log out, but each time I return to the forum I have to log in again. This happens using ie and crome on an XP machine, ie on a Win7 machine and Android on my Asus transformer. Two other phpbb boards I frequent work fine.
UP plus, Ultimaker2 & Raise N2+ Printers.

ahd71

Re: Unable to stay logged in to forum

Post by ahd71 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:11 pm

I'm also having that issue, and just did a few seconds of googling and found the resolution...

phpbb setting for "cookiedomain" is set to "www.pp3dp.com", but I'm using "pp3dp.com" while browsing the forum. If I just added the prefix "www." to the URL the issue is resolved for me and I stay logged in between sessions.

(Hint to admins: A general redirect to always USE OR not NOT USE "www." prefix on the site will resolve the issue for everyone, as neither of the cookiedomain settings would work for everyone.... or possible if there are ways of having phpbb using the cookiedomain that is applicable based on URL used....don't know....)

BR/ahd71

woofy

Post by woofy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:30 pm

Thanks ahd71,
That sorted it out, I now stay logged in.
UP plus, Ultimaker2 & Raise N2+ Printers.

LonV

Post by LonV » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Thanks ahd71, that solved it for me! It was getting pretty annoying. :)

eyUP

Post by eyUP » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:17 am

I can usually stay logged in for a few days but every so often it forces me to login again - I guess there is a time limit on the cookie ??

Hunteea

Post by Hunteea » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:56 am

Well i haven't face this type of problem may be there is some problem in the forum.