UP software V1.16 and Mac V1.3

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
CarryTheWhat

Re: UP software V1.16 and Mac V1.3

Post by CarryTheWhat » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:31 pm

And here is a weird bug that is pretty annoying in 1.16, I assume others have ran into it as well.

When you click on a model for arranging, a box overlay pops up that says information about that model: the title, directory location (which can be quite long), vertex count, dimensions, etc.

But I often use ctrl + click and drag to put together a plate. However, in the most recent version, whenever I ctrl + click&drag, and the mouse moves over this dialog, the movement does not translate, and the program gets a little confused. I end up having to ctrl + middle click & drag to move the platform around the perimeter of the screen, trying to avoid this somewhat useful but now obstructing information.

ntc490

Post by ntc490 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:08 pm

First of all - love the printer. Thank you.

Noticed a couple of bugs with Mac v1.3 software.

1. The calibrate dialog doesn't seem to save values. Would really like to see my results with a calibrated printer. May have to break out a VM for Winblows to see if that software works any better.
2. The application routinely locks up if I leave the Maintenance dialog open while printing. The nozzle and platform temps seem to go bonkers when the nozzle comes up to temp. The app may be locking up at that time as well - not sure.

ntc490

Post by ntc490 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:23 am

I realized that the calibrate dialog doesn't work as I thought. Once you type in the X1, X2, H, and Z values and press "OK", it updates the "summary" of the calibration. You can view the summary by opening the calibration dialog again and looking at the title of the dialog. Not really what I expected. That's not the way most applications work. I expected the X1, X2, H, and Z values to remain as I typed them. The summary would be more intuitive as the dialog "pane" instead of in the title, IMHO.

As a previous poster commented though, the Mac version doesn't save the calibration anywhere except RAM so it's gone the next time you launch the app.

albill

Post by albill » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:52 am

I'm still waiting for basic temperature controls. We've been asking for it for over a year.

Stefan

Post by Stefan » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:45 am

albill wrote:I'm still waiting for basic temperature controls. We've been asking for it for over a year.
Yep, that is the number one feature I would like to.

This is why I am using the original software with the hacked .dll so you can change the layer 1, layer 2 and layer 3+ temps which is what I really need.

UP3D, are you able to add more temp options please???

cigp

Post by cigp » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:20 am

i just would like to be able to print a brim ! i do not like to remove raft, so raftless printing would be nicer with the help of a brim

Rick

Post by Rick » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:26 pm

When will we get Material Profile Manager on the Mac? I have filaments that I want to use but I can't because they need a different temp setting. The Cetus is a GREAT printer but it's being crippled with the current software.