UP! software V1.15 and Mac 1.2

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
TTT험ทดสอบ

UP! software V1.15 and Mac 1.2

Post by TTT험ทดสอบ » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:08 am

http://pp3dp.com/index.php?option=com_c ... &Itemid=61

Updating for V1.15 & V1.2(Mac) :

1. Check whether there is an air layer after slicing. if so, the printer will stop the printing process.
2. Check the vertical calibration parameters, the parameter which is too large will be forced to set to zero. (Mac version does not have the function)
3. Fix the stop running bug when starts to send the print data. (Only version of windows has the problem)
4. Platform can drop down 4cm automatically when suspense or terminate the printing.
5. Fixes the bug that the material record can't be updated in Mac version.
6. The main menu preheating keeps for 15 minutes, adds the platform preheating options in the maintenance dialog box for time extension to 1 hour.
7. Fix the bug that can not read the parameter stored in the SD card in some cases.
8. The function of setting nozzle height moves to the "Print" dialog box.

Madox

Re: UP! software V1.15 and Mac 1.2

Post by Madox » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:11 pm

Hi, can you elaborate on
"1. Check whether there is an air layer after slicing. if so, the printer will stop the printing process."

Is it possible to get a lower temperature PLA profile? (180C extrude?)

Many thanks for the update!

Chris.e

Post by Chris.e » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:51 pm

I´m also curious about the first point, does it mean I can't print models with air between? Today I stack prints on top with a millimeter or two of air between them.

-soapy-

Post by -soapy- » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:00 pm

Just running my first prints for months. First one failed as it wouldn't recognise the printer, so I downloaded 1.15, and used that. Picked it up right away, so glad the issues are sorted.

Love the new calibration method! Having those little strips to tweak at let me get the calibration really nice, and also confirms the platform is level in one axis, as well as knowing the veroboard is still making it stick now the weather has gotten colder.

First print failed - it's now too cold for raftless, which is just a click away now, rather than the hacked version I was using for that before. Hopefully the second attempt will bear fruit.
{ALT-Tab}
Looking good so far! :D

Post by AVataRR » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:34 am

"2. Check the vertical calibration parameters, the parameter which is too large will be forced to set to zero. (Mac version does not have the function)"

This is causing some serious problems for me. In V1.14, I had previously obtained these calibration values:

x1 125.59
x2 124.55
z 2.08
h 39.5

But the new software is no longer accepting them as it considers it to be "too big". My first test prints using this software is greatly bent. Please disable this 'feature' as soon as possible.

virtox

Post by virtox » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:28 am

I am not sure if this is related to the 1.15 update or my printer (first-gen, no upgrade yet)

But lately my printer has been acting up AFTER a print job.

It does not stop when the job is finished, but seems to continue with remnants of previous printjobs :-S

This has led to some f-ed up prints and sometimes the print head slams into the print full speed as it wants to print a levels lower than the current.

Can I just replace the SD-card to see if that fixes anything? OR does the card contain license specific info?

Chris.e

Post by Chris.e » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:35 pm

Virtox, that has happened to me too 2-3 times. After finished prints it just starts automatically again and bump into the just printed things. I´m on the old hardware and running 1.14. Have you found any solution yet? I think it started after I updated the ROM half a year ago..but not sure.

TTT험ทดสอบ

Post by TTT험ทดสอบ » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:10 am

Chris.e wrote:Virtox, that has happened to me too 2-3 times. After finished prints it just starts automatically again and bump into the just printed things. I´m on the old hardware and running 1.14. Have you found any solution yet? I think it started after I updated the ROM half a year ago..but not sure.
It's a firmware bug, can't solved by updating ROM.

darkhouse

virtox

Post by virtox » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:07 pm

@chris still no idea, it seems o be working normally for the last weeks or so

@Darkhouse can you elaborate?

Is it a bug in the 1.0 firmware?
When is it triggered?
It has not happended for me in a while, but hate to see it re-appear?