Serious infill bug in recent versions..

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
cj7hawk

Serious infill bug in recent versions..

Post by cj7hawk » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:22 pm

Hi Tiertime, can you help? I'm not sure if this is a software or hardware problem, so I've posted in both.

I've managed to perform some test prints and it appears there's a serious offset related issue in the infill generation in Up Studio with the UP300.

Left printed with extrusion width 0.3, Right printed with extrusion width 0.5, Head 0.4, Actual extrusion width (measured) 0.37

What I'm seeing is the left wall face is completely detached in all prints. The model is a 10mm ID, 14mm OD (2mm wall) box, no top of bottom. I can now reproduce this consistently.

In neither case, is the outer wall attached to the infill, worse on one side, but the effect is different for different sections.

The problem this causes is that the outside veneer of prints just peels away from the infill. There might as well be no infill at all.

Running 2.6.12.627

Thanks
David

TiertimeBrook

Re: Serious infill bug in recent versions..

Post by TiertimeBrook » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:13 am

Hi David,

You can test a wider extrusion width more than 0.6mm or 0.7mm, to see if the gap can be infilled fully.
We will try to do some tutorial on the extrusion width setting in short future,

Brook

cj7hawk

Post by cj7hawk » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:42 am

Hi Brook,

So far, experiments suggest that as the extrusion width setting increases, the infill problem actually gets worse, but I'll try .6 and .7 and let you know.

A tutorial sounds great - ! :) Thank you if you can do that some time I would be very appreciative. Thanks for supporting the forum so well too and keeping us across what is happening.

David

cj7hawk

Post by cj7hawk » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:58 pm

Did a test with 0.45 (default), 0.6 and 0.7

0.45 walls can be torn away from infill by a fingernail.
0.6 walls are missing infill entirely, and have about 1/3 of the infill missing. The wall is floating without any connection.
0.7 walls appear to be solid.

This seems strange - Almost like it's random.

David.

JothamB

Post by JothamB » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:52 am

Are part tolerances still ok?

I have parts that friction fit.. would this mess that up or?