New software: UP Studio BETA Version 2.6.4.627

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
3DWP

New software: UP Studio BETA Version 2.6.4.627

Post by 3DWP » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:22 am

There's a new Up Studio available since yesterday.

I was pretty excited as this version will hide the seam - YAY! :D

So I installed it but the software won't print.. I get all kinds of errors, ''verify error'', ''app isn't verified'' and ''ERROR: slicing error'' :evil:

When you first choose to preview the model you don't get error messages and a few new options. I can begin a print like this but it seems there are a few bugs still there. The preview cut off the model around the middle so I think the printer will not print more.

It's printing now but I think this is really a beta version that is too buggy.

Tiertime, can you test this version more and release a new version soon? I like the new features it has. I hope the seam is in the past now ;)

3DWP

Re: New software: UP Studio BETA Version 2.6.4.627

Post by 3DWP » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:43 pm

Can anybody confirm this version isn't working? I can't get it to print anything so will go back to the previous version. Wasted my time again. :!:

Am I the only one in the world that tried the software and cared to share info or is just my setup failing? This forum is pretty unresponsive in my opinion, most people post a question (that often has been asked and aswered before) and then leave.

I try to work with Tiertime but have a hard time getting answers, I don't want to send emails with questions but share experiences here so people can maybe learn. Tiertime does post on Facebook but that also gets lost in time..

extendo

Post by extendo » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:49 am

Works for me, these forums are very quite and find my information elsewhere.

To the guys that run this forum, please get busy and get involved with you're customers.

extendo

Post by extendo » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:08 pm

This new BETA version does not allow me to set the defined print levels so that I can change the colours in my prints.

Why has this been removed or where might it be located now?

BigE79

Post by BigE79 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:50 pm

It's working for me too. I'm running windows 10 64-bit
Maybe try to uninstall completely the old version first and then install again.

extendo

Post by extendo » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:44 am

The BETA version is working as previously mentioned, where can I edit the print levels so that I can change the colours during print as this has been removed on the BETA version...

Tiertime-Joseph

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:33 am

Hi extendo,

It is in the preview mode. You can define the pause layers there and see it in the lay view as well.

Joseph

extendo

Post by extendo » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:50 pm

Tiertime-Joseph wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:33 am
Hi extendo,

It is in the preview mode. You can define the pause layers there and see it in the lay view as well.

Joseph
Hi Mate,

Thanks for that, I'll take a look at it.

3DWP

Post by 3DWP » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:29 pm

I have been able to reinstall this version and it worked. However, I had bad print results at the time with the new seam hiding function.

I got holes/pits all over my printed models so I went back to the previous (non beta) Up Studio for important projects.

Now I see there's another beta (version 2.6.18.627), did anybody try that yet?

I will be testing that to see if I get better results. I do have to say I really like the direction Tiertime is taking with Up Studio, it's getting better and better.

I have some filaments that would not print on my Up Box before that work great now with the profiles that are tweakable. :lol:

3DWP

Post by 3DWP » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:40 pm

@Tiertime-Joseph

I have tried the latest beta too, I really like the function of seam hiding/random start points but I get worse results.

The test prints have multiple seams and scars now. On cubes I get holes and pits on the corners, on cylinders I get 2 lines of holes/pits that are probably the start points.

Can you please send this info to the software team? Maybe they can tweak the start point even more, like start the outer perimeter just a little from the inside of the beginning of a loop and then move outside to fill the outer loop. What I mean is start a perimeter basically just a little from the infill so it gets hidden better.

For the rest, the beta seems to work great. Apart from the scarring the models look great.

3DWP

Post by 3DWP » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:45 pm

@Tiertime-Joseph

I would like to know if Up Studio will get the seam hiding function fixed.

I just downloaded 2.6.19.627 from within Up Studio (it's not on the website now) - the holes I described earlier are not there but there is one line/scar when you print a round object. Still not desirable.

Maybe there is something wrong with the retraction?

Please give some feedback..

3DWP

Post by 3DWP » Sun May 19, 2019 2:36 pm

Once again, please can I get a response so I know this issue will be adressed?

The latest version of Up Studio with seam hiding still generates rows of holes.

So please take a look at how the start points handle the extrusion.