UPStudio G-code Tutorial

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Trav

Re: UPStudio G-code Tutorial

Post by Trav » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:40 am

Thanks for posting the Tutorial.
Unfortunately I was not able to print from the USB, when importing file into up studio the warning box
Said this……..
(Run file xx. GCODE?
Warning: Improper formatted G-code may
Damage the printer). :(

I will just request my “Risk Free money back”
100% Guarantee…

Love my Up mini 2! :D

brunningm

Post by brunningm » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:49 am

Travis16417 wrote:Thanks for posting the Tutorial.
Unfortunately I was not able to print from the USB, when importing file into up studio the warning box
Said this……..
(Run file xx. GCODE?

100% Guarantee…

The warning is always there. They added it to make sure you understand the risks of using gcode, since you need to configure the gcode yourself. It's their 'Well, we warned you so if it breaks it's your fault'.

It does still work though.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:23 am

Travis16417 wrote:Thanks for posting the Tutorial.
Said this……..
(Run file xx. GCODE?

100% Guarantee…

Yeah, what brunningm said. This is a standard warning that translates to "GCODE will do exactly what you tell it to do, so don't tell it to do something dumb."

It's more of an issue on CNC machines, so if you tell your spindle to traverse through the space where your very expensive 4th axis is mounted, it'll try to do exactly that :lol:

Please don't send S3D back, once you get into it you'll see it's a fabulous bit of software.

Cheers,

Owen S

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:24 am

UP_3DWP wrote:I'm finally trying to print gcode, went through all the settings from Tiertime and checked this thread but my Up Box isn't doing anything..

No progress, heating or a sound, nothing.

Could you maybe share your settings or profile here again?
Sure thing. A few things to do this morning but I'll stick it up this afternoon.

Cheers,

O.S.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:16 am

ARGHH.

Weirdness afoot.

Having printed lots of things with GCODE on the beta, I now can't print anything at all.

I've used the Z-Axis Origin Offset to set nozzle height. Now no matter what I set it too (have varied it by nearly 10mm) everything starts about half a mm too high.

TT did you fiddle with anything between the beta and the official release?

Owen S

brunningm

Post by brunningm » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:25 am

OwenSparks wrote:ARGHH.

Weirdness afoot.

Having printed lots of things with GCODE on the beta, I now can't print anything at all.

I've used the Z-Axis Origin Offset to set nozzle height. Now no matter what I set it too (have varied it by nearly 10mm) everything starts about half a mm too high.

Owen S
Sounds like when I forget to change the build plate type. Starts printing higher than it should.

3DWP

Post by 3DWP » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:40 am

OK, so software -may- be the issue. Why am I not surprised :x

Owen, what version did you use succesfully so I can try that? Once again, my Up Box doesn't react in any way to this gcode tutorial.

I asked Tiertime and they say they will release a gcode tutorial when it is finished.. Is that a new one or the one that is already here? :?

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:07 am

UP_3DWP wrote:OK, so software -may- be the issue. Why am I not surprised :x

Owen, what version did you use succesfully so I can try that? Once again, my Up Box doesn't react in any way to this gcode tutorial.

I asked Tiertime and they say they will release a gcode tutorial when it is finished.. Is that a new one or the one that is already here? :?
Howdy.

I had success with Beta 2.0.1.3 which as of now is on the download page as the latest beta. I might try that again later but my boss is being all demanding on real work!

BTW are you getting an error or just nothing happening?

O.S.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:18 am

OK.

Just uninstalled the latest official release and reinstalled the 2.0.1.3 Beta and it's started printing on the first go...

O.S.
Last edited by Owen Sparks aka Marksman on Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

3DWP

Post by 3DWP » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:53 am

Thanks Owen.

I have set up S3D 4.0, sliced a file and opened Up Studio 2.0.2.0.

Then I intialize the Up Box and open the gcode, I get the warning, click OK and then nothing.

I can initialize the Box or do other things in Up Studio but the gcode upload triggers nothing - also no progress of upload or anything.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:31 pm

UP_3DWP wrote: I can initialize the Box or do other things in Up Studio but the gcode upload triggers nothing - also no progress of upload or anything.
Expected behavior in studio as as follows (2.0.1.3 beta):-

(1) Select GCODE file to print.
(2) Warning message that it may harm printer yada-yada
(3) After clicking OK nothing appears to happen as file is spooled, but then machine homes and heater and bed temp indicators go live.
(4) Wait for bed up to temp GCODE seems to be ignored so print starts as soon as nozzle up to temp
(5) Print completes and then printer tries to smash itself in one axis (if using TT's settings) or not if end "script" tweaked as per my profile, at least in my experience.

The change log states the official release has "Increase progress bar when loading gcode." added. I don't recall seeing that but might have missed it, but have reverted to the beta as mentioned earlier.

Hopefully you'll see similar good things happening with yours.

Cheers,

Owen S.

3DWP

Post by 3DWP » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:31 pm

I have installed 2.0.1.3 beta again and do get different results:

Error: gcode failed to run..

What's going on here? I would love some feedback and help from Tiertime. Finally gcode but no way to use it..

vmstech

Post by vmstech » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:22 pm

UP_3DWP wrote:I have installed 2.0.1.3 beta again and do get different results:

What's going on here? I would love some feedback and help from Tiertime. Finally gcode but no way to use it..
I've tried setting up using gcode for the first time today and had exactly the same error message...

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:36 pm

vmstech wrote:
UP_3DWP wrote:I have installed 2.0.1.3 beta again and do get different results:

I've tried setting up using gcode for the first time today and had exactly the same error message...
Hey V.

I have a sneaking suspicion that GCODE only works on the "new" CPU's, but I don't recall that ever being officially stated. :(

The tutorial file has been downloaded nearly 100 times so can anyone put up a hand and say they've printed GCODE on anything other than a BOX+, MINI2 or upgraded BOX?

Cheers,

Owen S.

vmstech

Post by vmstech » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:26 am

I have a sneaking suspicion that GCODE only works on the "new" CPU's, but I don't recall that ever being officially stated. :(
:cry: :(
Really hope that isn't the case but it sounds plausible...

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:18 am

vmstech wrote:
:cry: :(
Really hope that isn't the case but it sounds plausible...
Yeah, especially as "none of us will be left behind". :shock:

O.S.

3DWP

Post by 3DWP » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:51 am

I have used the Up Studio help feature and got an email back.

I have given all info but only got the response that the tutorial has been uploaded here. I replied that I have already used that and that it works for Up Box+ and not for my Up Box machines.. In the latest software nothing happens, in 2.0.1.3 I get ''Failed to run gcode'' after a while.

vmstech

Post by vmstech » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:58 am

OwenSparks wrote: Yeah, especially as "none of us will be left behind". :shock:

O.S.
No uppers left behind... Apart from those who haven't got £421 to spend on the upgrade... :|

vmstech

Post by vmstech » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:59 am

UP_3DWP wrote:I have used the Up Studio help feature and got an email back.

I have given all info but only got the response that the tutorial has been uploaded here. I replied that I have already used that and that it works for Up Box+ and not for my Up Box machines.. In the latest software nothing happens, in 2.0.1.3 I get ''Failed to run gcode'' after a while.
Let us know if you hear anything else back from UP support...

brunningm

Post by brunningm » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:42 am

OwenSparks wrote:ARGHH.

Weirdness afoot.

Owen S
I just updated my upstudio and now i'm getting the same issue. I've raised z-axis offset by nearly 5mm but it's still printing too high off the build plate. TT have done something.