[CHALLENGE] Print 3dlabprint planes on UP BOX

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Diego.Giovany

[CHALLENGE] Print 3dlabprint planes on UP BOX

Post by Diego.Giovany » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:17 am

Hi Tiertime, since up studio is getting better on every release... I want to propose a challenge for up studio.... Can we print the airplanes found on http://3dlabprint.com using any up printer? I have a UP BOX with upgraded CPU....

If I can print this planes... I see no reason for gcode printing or support for other slicers... (maybe for laser cut/engraving mod).... but if you made UP Studio capable of printing this STL files, it will be in pair with simplify3d and cura.... IF you cannot make UP Studio print these... please consider supporting Gcode natively, so we can use our printers to print things we really want....

Can UP Studio face this ?

Thanks

AlmostSerious

Re: [CHALLENGE] Print 3dlabprint planes on UP BOX

Post by AlmostSerious » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:13 pm

Do you know the famous model of Lion with hair?
Up3D Software fails to print this for me, as the hair and support wall are too thin. It simply just doesnt print it.

Do you have a similar issue with the airplanes?

abear

Post by abear » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:34 am

+1 this request to enable printing 3dLabPrint aircraft via or (even better) support GCode printing

toto44

Post by toto44 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:23 pm

YES PLEASE!!! I want these planes toooooo

PrecisionArmament

Post by PrecisionArmament » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:46 pm

They really need to just ad G code support already, The printers are decent but the software makes them sub par. The main reason I bought another printer was to get away from there lackluster software and be able to use the Prusa Slic3r. If the tiertime was actually smart in the way that they did things they would have made these printers G code compatible years ago. I fully believe the downfall to these printers is the poor software that they use for slicing and support generation. They cant even show you where the support material is, so I have to hit print and hope it wont fail (Even though 99% of the time it will.

ifloyd

Post by ifloyd » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:11 pm

I bought one of those planes to try and print one and Up Studio won't print it. It dose not recognize the external surface at all and I tried different
settings with thin wall and without the shell option nothing works it doesn't even come close to being able to print right.
I would think this printer (UP BOX) would do this there are others doing it on much cheaper printers.

pilo

Post by pilo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:51 pm

Does anyone managed to print this kind of a model (like mentioned airplane) in a new software?