UP Studio for Mac 1.4.1 always pauses on 1st layer

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
iPeel

UP Studio for Mac 1.4.1 always pauses on 1st layer

Post by iPeel » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:51 am

UP Studio seems to have been updated on my Mac, now whenever I issue a print the printer pauses on the 1st real layer, after the raft. There is no "pause at layer x" option in the new Mac version, so it looks like there's some incompatibility between the UI and the slicer. I have also suffered several failed prints where the printer just hangs mid-print with the UP Box LED bar showing all red.

As per my request via email, Tiertime can you please stop uploading untested builds to the OSX App store and instead release binaries via your website? This means that when you release an untested build into the wild that contains obvious bugs, we can revert easily to a previous version that doesn't exhibit the issue. At the moment when you release Studio via the App Store we can't go back, we have to live with whatever you have forced onto us.

tel

Re: UP Studio for Mac 1.4.1 always pauses on 1st layer

Post by tel » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:18 am

Im getting the same issue on my UPBOX. Only happening on the mac version. If you can pause it by mistake, how about adding back in the option to pause after layer x. Was very useful in previous Up software.

Paul

Post by Paul » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:11 am

Hi Guys indeed I am having the same issue, print pauses after building the raft maybe after first layer can't tell.
Same thing, Mac OS10.11.6, Up Studio1.4.1 printing to an Up Mini 2.
This is very annoying and looks like a deliberate setting but there is no setting for this that I can find.
Hoping someone can come up with an answer :)

Blutgeist

Post by Blutgeist » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:48 pm

Look at the new 1.5.0 version in app store.... ;)

iPeel

Post by iPeel » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:04 pm

Yeah, 1.5 doesn't exhibit the issue anymore.