UP Studio V 1.2.0 update!!!!!

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Tiertime-Jason

UP Studio V 1.2.0 update!!!!!

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:03 am

Hello Guys,

what's new:
1. Fixed auto update hanging bug.
2. Added manual leveling step by step guide.
3. Now able to run the program in window (finally :roll: )
4. Added platform heating option, now user can manually heat up the platform.
5. Added option to allow printer to "sleep" after print finished.
6. Added Japanese language.
7. Now compatible with the latest win10 upgrade.

Enjoy! :lol:

The Mac version need a couple of days more to be approved by App Store.

tel

Re: UP Studio V 1.2.0 update!!!!!

Post by tel » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:09 am

Great to hear the program window is now there. The sleep option is also great to see, hate that the printer continues to run the fan all night when a print finishes.
Will test it out tonight, assume this version is an uninstall/reinstall process?

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:29 am

Hi Jason.

I've just clicked the update button in my installed version and have this message:-

Current V.1.1.2.0
Your System is UP-to-date

:|

Owen S.

tel

Post by tel » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:40 am

Im assuming thats part of what has been fixed in item 1. Given the fix is in the update I am assuming we need to uninstall the old and reinstall the new and from then on hopefully the inplace updates will work.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:57 am

Hi Guys.
tegregg wrote:Im assuming thats part of what has been fixed in item 1. Given the fix is in the update I am assuming we need to uninstall the old and reinstall the new and from then on hopefully the inplace updates will work.
Yeah, I was wondering about that. I had the hanging bug last time (just a busy icon forever) but this time it quickly retrieved and displayed information. It just thinks it's up to date. There is also a checked "Remind me of the new version" option.
Tiertime-Jason wrote:I tried the auto update, it worked. :?:
From 1.1.2.0?

Oh, hang on, just tried it again and it's now reporting Latest V.1.2.1.5 but the update button is greyed out. :roll:

Cheers, Owen S.

Marauderz

Post by Marauderz » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:08 am

Please upload the latest version to the site for downloading. Those of us who were having the startup issues in Win10 are unable to enter the program at all to perform the update checking.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:50 am

OK, upgrade button is back (perhaps it's greyed out when printing?) and SW has successfully upgraded. Hurrah.

Nozzle height issues I had with clean install was not present with the upgrade so good there too.

Bug whereby clicking continue on insufficient filament warning actually halted the print is fixed too.

Window mode works, sort of. It does minimize, it does go into a window. However I can't see any way to resize the window. The header is also invisible so moving it is weird. You have to click in the blank bit seemingly above the window to drag it about. :lol:

It'd be nice if in minimized mode if the task bar icon had some info in it. Time remaining at least.

It's also still got that silly wheel. When is that bug going to be fixed? :o

Heading in the right direction though, 8-)

What's next to be upgraded??

Good update - but at the risk of seeming critical:- I've had the printer for 6 months. I'd expect approx 2 years life-cycle. So the printer is potentially 1/4 of the way through it's life and we're still waiting on software. (Studio beta was out when i bought it. The comments from the sales staff were along the lines of the software isn't very good but don't worry the old stuff is about to be replaced with a totally new studio.)

Cheers,

Owen S.

tel

Post by tel » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:35 pm

OwenSparks wrote: Window mode works, sort of. It does minimize, it does go into a window. However I can't see any way to resize the window.
Cheers,

Owen S.
The window works but doesn't react like normal windows, where you can resize and also if you drag to far right or far left of the screen it automatically resizes to half the screen. One step at a time I suppose.

The fact there is a window is at least good. Think you may need to get used to the wheel. Tipping its not going away any time soon!

I'm assuming the "Dormacy" box is the sleep option?

Would also be interested in whats on the cards for the next update.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:26 pm

tegregg wrote: The fact there is a window is at least good.

True. Also realised I can do mostly what I want by dragging the window off the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Just left with the header bar with temps and time remaining. Except the time remaining has clipped "1h26m" to "1h" and the left hand half of the next character even thought there are a couple of inches of empty space to the right of it. But yeah it's a start.
tegregg wrote:Think you may need to get used to the wheel.
Don't wanna!
tegregg wrote:Tipping its not going away any time soon!
Grrr. I'll take to calling it "ThatStupidDamnWheelThatPutsTheTearsIntoTearTime" in each post. Either they'll listen or ban me :D

Owen S.

Tiertime-Jason

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:23 pm

The wheel will be removed, in the next update, I believe.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:30 pm

Wow, excellent news Jason. :D

Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers,

Owen S,

iPeel

Post by iPeel » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:45 pm

The OSX App store has been updated and the 1.2.0.1 is available there now.

The problem is that there's no difference in the way windowed mode works, it's not scalable and still wants to use the entire screen albeit with a title bar and the dock visible, so either something has gone wrong or your developers have completely missed the point.

The good news is that the activation error seems to have gone.

arhi

Post by arhi » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:56 pm

took few starts before old version figured out there's a new one available .. but upgrade worked ...

> 1. Fixed auto update hanging bug.

seems to work

> 2. Added manual leveling step by step guide.

nice feature, havent tried yet

> 3. Now able to run the program in window (finally :roll: )

interesting solution ?! the window is not resizable ?! anyhow the fixed size chosen somehow works good for me and my monitors so personally the way it is works for me, but I doubt I'd ever shoot something like this to my customers :(

> 4. Added platform heating option, now user can manually heat up the platform.

Thanks!

> 5. Added option to allow printer to "sleep" after print finished.

can you explain EXACTLY what this does, what will happen after print is finished, how the sleep is implemented and how/if it works on OLD cpu's

> 6. Added Japanese language.

hm, maybe move langs to external resource files and allow community contributions for language so you get million of languages in no time :D

> 7. Now compatible with the latest win10 upgrade.

not running studio on 10 but I have a question wrt this that I would like answered even as not directly linked with this "fix" ... I see that 10 has "3dprint" feature and nmber of programs that has nothing to do with 3d printing so far in 10 give option to "3d print" (for e.g. solidworks), but feature only works on win10 and only with some printers... I noticed all the supported printers have closed source firmware and some doze10 drivers that make this possible ... can you share some data about how this process works? what is that doze10 sends to driver and what is driver required to do to print (does doze send only the 3d object and driver needs to slice it etc... or doze already sends sliced data in some format or g-code or ?!) .. thanks :)

tel

Post by tel » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:29 pm

Tried the sleep function overnight and it worked well. I wasnt there when it finished but seem to put the machine into an uninitialised state. The printbed was at the bottow and the orange lights lit (upbox)

Marauderz

Post by Marauderz » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:41 am

There is a plan to put this version up for download right? I still can't get the update prompt.

ideas108

Post by ideas108 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:28 am

Hi Marantz

We are on Windows 10 and I had to open and close studio 3 times before it said update available from within studio

hope that helps

regards

Tiertime-Jason

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:04 am

The window will be resizable in later versions, dont worry. :D
We faced some problem uploading the updated intallation package to the server, should done later today or tomorrow.

Marauderz

Post by Marauderz » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:41 am

ideas108 wrote:Hi Marantz

We are on Windows 10 and I had to open and close studio 3 times before it said update available from within studio

hope that helps

regards
On my PC, I can't even open Studio at all. :P

ideas108

Post by ideas108 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:26 am

Maraudez

Try this

Uninstall then delete folder on drive reboot then reinstall that might work