studio slicer, precission, sample

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
arhi

studio slicer, precission, sample

Post by arhi » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:42 pm

printing these with 2.18 works ok and they mesh nicely. printing these with Studio 1.0 (tried different speeds, different layer heights, no changes really) they don't mesh any more .. Initially I was under impression the problem is "thin wall" was on, as with "thin wall on" every wall is printed thicker (I consider that a bug too but..) but it's the same problem with thin wall off, the parts just don't mash .. the spacing is too narrow, and the outside is too big .. the part looks great but it's just not precise..

files came from here:
https://www.youmagine.com/designs/ultim ... able-chain

to test, print 2x UM2CableChain_ChainSegment.STL and click them together, also print 2x UM2CableChain_Lid.STL and click them into existing chains (first mesh chainsegment then click on lid) .. ideally print 4 chain segments and make a small 4 link chain .. with 2.18 it works ok, with studio - not even close :(

hopefully this example is good enough to calibrate Studio's slicer :)
Attachments
cableguard.zip
(172.87 KiB) Downloaded 195 times

arhi

Re: studio slicer, precission, sample

Post by arhi » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:01 pm

look how studio one wont fit .. tried sanding a bit, cut edges wit knife .. this is after all that, originally was worse... 2.18 is from printer to chain, no postprocessing
Attachments
bad-studio10..jpg
bad-studio10..jpg (257.98 KiB) Viewed 3541 times
good-2.18.jpg
good-2.18.jpg (211.42 KiB) Viewed 3541 times

arhi

Re: studio slicer, precission, sample

Post by arhi » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:23 pm

I might have found the problem ... might not be the slicer in studio .. I had issues with adhesion to the printbite due to studio starting to print with cold bed so I lowered the head as much as I could to get better adhesion.. Studio is on the other hand printing something that looks like a raft under those curved surfaces so that with head too low creates too much plastic at the bottom of the print and that's why parts won't nicely mesh ..