[FEATURE REQUEST] - head height offset

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
arhi

[FEATURE REQUEST] - head height offset

Post by arhi » Fri May 13, 2016 8:40 pm

attm after auto head height detection UP! software is asking to chose between 2 different print surface type and apply's the offset from the height sensor according to selected print bed plate.

I for e.g. use 3 other print plates,
- printbite (works really great)
- alu plate with kapton tape
- vitroplast with blue tape and paper glue

all three are different thickness and the nozzle height sensor doesn't help here much :( so what I'd really appreciate is if I can define another 4-5 different print plates with their offset from the nozze height sensor so that I can use nozzle height sensor easily

thanks!

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] - head height offset

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon May 16, 2016 11:06 am

Seconded.

Even if using the standard build plates many people seem to have to put an offset in to get sensible raft separation so an offset, or an auto height detect that actually works is a must.

Both the UPBOX printers we have will fail if we accept the auto setting :-(

Cheers,

Owen S.

iPeel

Post by iPeel » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:59 am

I just made a more basic request then thought this would be much better idea, glad to see someone else requesting this. My perfboard is off by 0.4mm from the auto detected height so a programmable offset would be great.

hoek67

Post by hoek67 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:49 am

I agree. :shock:

But instead of +/- x please make it up/down x mm where x 0.00 - 5.00 ??

I assume 5mm is more than enough.

After I do the nozzle height detect I really like it to go down just a little bit more so the first layer of the raft gets squished onto the board. The nozzle height detect seems a little bit bias towards being a little bit up from where I would like it.

So in essence the actual nozzle height = the detected/entered height + manual offset.

Tiertime-Jason

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:44 am

The function will be added in v1.3. 8-)
The next update is 1.2 which is under internal testing right now and will be release very soon.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:45 pm

Excellent news, thanks Jason.

Owen S.

tel

Post by tel » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:16 pm

Tiertime-Jason wrote:The function will be added in v1.3. 8-)
The next update is 1.2 which is under internal testing right now and will be release very soon.
With the updates, any chance of highlighting in notes, what machines can use the changes so we dont end up with another situation like the heated print bed. Are any other proposed changes only compatible with newer machines (strange saying that when my machine is less than 12 months old!!)?

Tiertime-Jason

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:17 am

We always try to make the software as backward compatible as possible, the preheat is an accident. :P

amd-tec

Post by amd-tec » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:25 pm

hoek67 wrote:I agree. :shock:

But instead of +/- x please make it up/down x mm where x 0.00 - 5.00 ??

I assume 5mm is more than enough.

After I do the nozzle height detect I really like it to go down just a little bit more so the first layer of the raft gets squished onto the board. The nozzle height detect seems a little bit bias towards being a little bit up from where I would like it.

So in essence the actual nozzle height = the detected/entered height + manual offset.
Hmm, but you can now set the nozzle height manually, can`t you? When doing print preview/or print set the nozzle height and it should print with value you set at least in 2.18 this work. Can`t check it out now because the studio doesn`t run offline perfectly.
"3D design with intelligent printing"
http://www.amd-tec.com