Up Studio 0.10 is now out lets put bug reports here

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Re: Up Studio 0.10 is now out lets put bug reports here

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon May 16, 2016 11:17 am

aesdaileblp wrote:
This post is made from the frustration of another ruined print, where the Up slicer printed infill ABOVE part of the print, ruining it. The model checked out in 3DS Max STL-Check function, and the UP software showed no errors. The slicer appears to have completely ignored entire chunks of this print, randomly. The print took 40 hours, was a reprint of an earlier one that worked perfectly, but with print set to 'FINE' and 0.15mm instead of 0.2mm pitch. Why such simple changes should result in a bad print is beyond me; but PATH PREVIEW WOULD HAVE STOPPED US WASTING 40 HOURS & 200g FILAMENT!
Hi.

I feel your pain and am also tired of the feeble software. But may I ask why you used the studio beta for a 40 hour print? My understanding is the beta is just for evaluation and commenting on and its still the old 2.18 that is for real printing?

Cheers, Owen S.
Last edited by Owen Sparks aka Marksman on Mon May 16, 2016 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steelmans

Post by steelmans » Mon May 16, 2016 12:56 pm

When is a usable version of Up Studio being released? I don't mean a final version, just one with the features everyone wants?

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon May 16, 2016 1:19 pm

steelmans wrote:When is a usable version of Up Studio being released? I don't mean a final version, just one with the features everyone wants?
In a different thread a release was due with the first MINI2 at the end of May-ish. What features it'll have is debatable :roll: But apparently temp. control is coming sometime.

O.S.

aesdaileblp

Post by aesdaileblp » Tue May 17, 2016 2:59 am

OwenSparks wrote: Hi.

I feel your pain and am also tired of the feeble software. But may I ask why you used the studio beta for a 40 hour print? My understanding is the beta is just for evaluation and commenting on and its still the old 2.18 that is for real printing?

Cheers, Owen S.
Sorry, I should have clarified - we used the 2.18 version for the print. The print worked SUCCESSFULLY with v2.18 with settings FAST, 0.2mm layers, but FAILED at FINE with 0.15mm layers.

This makes NO SENSE compared to the many other slicers I have used - making prints FINER gives longer time / higher quality, it DOESN'T suddenly change the validity of the STL!

When we changed parameters it's almost as if the printer turned large parts of the model inside-out, as if faces had been reversed. I know that slicers can occasionally have bugs, and my entire point is that WITHOUT A PREVIEW it's impossible to tell if this is going to occur. A PREVIEW would have made it very obvious that there would be a problem.

Whats so frustrating is that the UP BOX is physically a great printer - let down by horrid software. If only I could use SLIC3R or Simplify3D with it!

An EVEN MORE frustrating thing is that the current 2.18 software CAN do some form of preview - but only of the first layer of the raft - you can see it if you run a preview and then look at the model from underneath - you can see the paths for Layer 0. We just need to see the paths for Layer 1 to n and it would even be nicer to see the paths coloured coded like SLIC3R, Simplify3D, Repetier, Makerbot, pretty much every other slicer out there.
Adrian Esdaile
Senior Project Architect
Billard Leece Partnership Pty Ltd
Architects & Urban Planners
http://www.blp.com.au

arhi

Post by arhi » Wed May 25, 2016 9:11 pm

aesdaileblp wrote: If only I could use SLIC3R or Simplify3D with it!
can't you? afaik you can: https://github.com/MaikStohn/UP3D

some instructions: https://www.stohn.de/3d/index.php/2016/ ... le-how-to/