Up 2.12 loss functionality

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
dupisha

Up 2.12 loss functionality

Post by dupisha » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:49 am

My first version of Up software was 2.12, running an Up Mini.
I can scale my objects but I have never been able to rotate or move objects. I selct the itme, I select a rotation, say 45, then I click on rotate and nothing happens. Same with the move function. But scale works.
Does anyone have a solution?
I am running Windows 8.1
I just uninstalled and reinstalled 2.12 but still the same issue.

stormychel

Re: Up 2.12 loss functionality

Post by stormychel » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:32 am

Tested this in a VM with 8.1, works here... Try uninstalling and also manually removing everything UP!-related, then reinstall?
@stormychel

stormychel

Post by stormychel » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:35 am

Also, watch out for `. or ,',
@stormychel

mr6k

Post by mr6k » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:40 am

In your description you say you select the item select angle and click on rotate. that wont do it, at least in my version. you need to click on rotate, select angle then click the x,y or z axis you want to rotate. as you click an axis the object will rotate in the azis by the amount selected. likewise with move, and in y software likewisevwith scale
cheers
peter

dupisha

Post by dupisha » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:43 pm

stormychel wrote:Also, watch out for `. or ,',
Please explain .or

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have no other up bits, only 2.12

dupisha

Post by dupisha » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:50 pm

mr6k wrote:In your description you say you select the item select angle and click on rotate. that wont do it, at least in my version. you need to click on rotate, select angle then click the x,y or z axis you want to rotate. as you click an axis the object will rotate in the azis by the amount selected. likewise with move, and in y software likewisevwith scale
cheers
peter
Ok, tried that, it only rotates the view, not the object. I have clicked rotate, select 45, click edge of object (how do you select an axis?), nothing happens. click an edge and move mouse, view changes, spins box. :x

Then I saw the extra icons, the x, y, z bits. :o
I feel kinda silly now but hey, if you never ask, you never learn. :oops:

THANK YOU! *shouted* :D

stormychel

Post by stormychel » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:02 pm

dupisha wrote:
stormychel wrote:Also, watch out for `. or ,',
Please explain .or

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have no other up bits, only 2.12
I see it's already solved now, but in your defense, the software is far from intuitive :mrgreen:

I mean, if you want to scale 0.5 or so, there is a difference between 0.5 and 0,5 , one of them does not work, can't recall which one. This also fails without displaying an error... it just does nothing.
@stormychel

mr6k

Post by mr6k » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:30 am

Dupisha,
You are welcome. I should have been more explicit in descring X,Y,Z axis, and should have referred to the icons at the top of the page !

cheers

Peter.

p.s. Just printed the comet that the Rosetta space probe is now orbiting. I guess it will be a great achievement if ESA can actually land the small probe on its surface. I think it is currently about 400 million km away, travelling at over 100,000 Km per hour. The whole comet is only 2Km square and they are planning to orbit at 1Km distance and then send a probe to land in a selected site (j), that is only a few tens of metres across. All this planned for 12th November. Remote control communications lag is around 60 minutes each way, so once launched the lander cannot be further guided !