Time remainning

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Astro

Time remainning

Post by Astro » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:42 am

Hello,
Just a couple of points;
1. Would it be possible for the GUI to show the time remaining after[print again] has been selected?
2. Could the timer start only when the first layer commences?

Cheers,

Trent

roller

Re: Time remainning

Post by roller » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:44 am

At present the software is not interactive with the printer during the print process. The software creates the print job, uploads it to the printer and tells it to print. From that point the printer essentially works away on its own and does not send feedback to the computer. So, at present I would say it's a major rewrite to get such a feature included and considering they are yet to even put the existing print timer feature in the Mac version I wouldn't hold your breath.

mr6k

Post by mr6k » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:34 am

Roller,
The printer does continue to talk to the pc, at least it does in terms of layer count, and any fault flags. you may well be right about time remaining.

cheers
Peter

roller

Post by roller » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:19 am

What's your evidence for this and what version of software are you talking about?

mr6k

Post by mr6k » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:24 pm

Hi Roller,

Software V1.16, ROM 6.02 , Firmware 3.00, I like to keep using what I find as a stable setup !

I guess I believe there is layer feedback as the layer number changes precisely when a new layer starts, I know the time is out, largely because the timer starts before things are up to temperature.

Proof,
If I start a job. turn off my PC, turn the PC back on, load and run the UP software, the layer count continues correctly even though the whole software was previously shut down.
If I pull the USB from the printer while the job is printing, the layer count stops and in its place is displayed "primter disconnected"

cheers

Peter

roller

Post by roller » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:16 am

Interesting ... I've never observed that. I meant Software version rather than firmware version. If it is giving layer feedback then it is possible for the print estimate to be continued on subsequent prints.

Of course I unplug my computer form the printer to keep the printing safe from the usually USB issues.