FEATURE REQUEST: Table preheat on/off toggle+timer shortcuts

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
ahd71
FEATURE REQUEST: Table preheat on/off toggle+timer shortcuts

Post by ahd71 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:34 am

Hi,

I find myself often using the table preheat functioanllity which requires some extra menu clicks to enable/disable and to check if its active (and sometimes the 15/60 minute timeout elapse before I started my print and I have to start a new preheat period becuase the table has become cold again).

My proposals:

1. Turn on/off table heat via the menu bar
2. Clearly indicate if preheat is enabled or not in the main UI (above icon can have different layouts for on/off status which is intuitive)
3. The "eggtimer value" presented below the icon - like: "preheat on (7 minutes remaining)" - alternative screenpositions for the current status is also fine i.e combining it with the status text currenty in the bottom right corner)
4. Two tiny icon buttons (close to the on/off preheat toggle button) with a simple "+" and "-" to increment/decrement the timer value in X minute intervals (somewhere between 5-15 minutes, lets do a quick poll in the forum for ONE value here to avoid more configuration settings, I propose 15 minutes)
5. The existing feature "keep table warm after finalized printing" will integrate seamless into above proposals and just keep the toggled preheat button enabled and add the requested number of minutes to the "eggtimer" (5, 15, 30, 60) when print is completed.

BR/ahd71

scubamatt41

Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Table preheat on/off toggle+timer short

Post by scubamatt41 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:02 am

+1

Extend the preheat time with optional 30min (inc/dec of 10min, user input)

Would it be fair to say that bassicly everything from the 3D print menu could go into the mane UI window (+ requests of course)
Always breath out on the way UP

ahd71

Post by ahd71 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:16 am

bassicly everything from the maintence menu could go into the mane UI window
Yes, I agree, espacially "Extrude" and "Withdraw" funtionallity.

scubamatt41

Post by scubamatt41 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:23 am

ahd71 wrote:
bassicly everything from the maintence menu could go into the mane UI window
Yes, I agree, espacially "Extrude" and "Withdraw" funtionallity.
Sorry, I ment to say 3D printing menu but in there are "Extrude" and "Withdraw" So yes way not make it easy for the operator I say :)

scubamatt41

Post by scubamatt41 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:28 am

Please don't think of this of moderating but maybe whe need to keep the requests in one category. I think there's already such CAT.

ahd71

Post by ahd71 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:47 am

Please don't think of this of moderating
No worries, if there are such category please move it accordingly but I actually looked for such category but couldn't find it.
I hope Delta Micro systems have set automatic triggers on the "FEATURE REQUEST" in the subject so they are looking here anyway :-)
(And if they do appreciate assistance in the field of UI I'm sure we are a number of users here in the forum willing to assist in everything from graphical design to review/voting of proposals)

mr6k

Post by mr6k » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:35 am

There is a "wish list" thread as a sub menu of the UP Plus category. I agree with others, it would be helpful if the manufacturer would at least acknowledge that they are looking and thinking about some or hopefully all of these "desires". After all they did initially make the request for such a list.

cheers

Peter

scubamatt41

Post by scubamatt41 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:38 am

I can not move topics. Let's just hope PP3DP use some sort of filter that searches for requests and keep a good list of them.

Mind you, it would benefid if we could take a look at such a shortlist IMHO. (hint) :roll:

ahd71

Post by ahd71 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:16 pm

I found what I believe ts the most comprehensive topic for feature requests after your advice to look in the "Up Plus" structure. So i appended my new proposals to that thread (where I realize I had already been active and added suggestions before but forgot about!).

http://www.pp3dp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2288 is the one

(did I say that I have a mini, and as software is shared between models I though this "generic" "Up! Software" category was more appropriate to benefit all models - hopefully moderators can move that thread instead to a higher level ;-)