Rom 6.041 & UP 1.17 gives unpractically WEAK STRENGTH

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
svid123

Rom 6.041 & UP 1.17 gives unpractically WEAK STRENGTH

Post by svid123 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:30 am

Before updating ROM to 6.041 (my UP firmware is 3.00) I got prints with a pretty good strength, practical usage prints.
After I've updated to 6.041 prints became VERY WEAK. It's possible to break thing even with little force by fingers (it breaks between layers).

I've noticed that changing wind barrier from proposed new version (with air door for V 1.17) to default (which came with my printer) gives good strength back, but the raft it prints like a mess:
shit.jpg
shit.jpg (88.56 KiB) Viewed 4886 times
And printed parts are very difficult to separate from the raft, so impractical too. I've tried brand new nozzle buyed in your shop, to check if the problem is in "spoiled" nozzle. But the result is the same mess.

When I try to unroll ROM to 6.03 (also tried 6.01, 6.02 with the same result) the software says:
shit2.jpg
shit2.jpg (8.11 KiB) Viewed 4878 times
So there is no way to unroll changes..

These "Updates" you gifted us of ROM and software are obviously poor try to chase for replicator and other competitors in 3D home printer manufactirers.
Is it possible to unroll ROM to previous version (that was working with UP software 1.16)?

If not, you should publish all the ROM versions with appropriate UP software to give what your printer was intended for: print FDM things with PRACTICAL STRENGTH and GOOD QUALITY. The only advantage of FDM before other print methods is practical usage of printed things (not taking price into account).

PS. All the prints I make with your OEM ABS rolls, print layer 0.2 mm

DrewPetitclerc

Re: Rom 6.041 & UP 1.17 gives unpractically WEAK STRENGTH

Post by DrewPetitclerc » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:32 pm

I noticed some of the issues you described and others you did not, solid printed lines that should touch but don't.
I rolled my machine back to V1.16 software and V6.04 ROM, I have Firmware V3.00.
I upgraded my motherboard to the newer one with the stepper chips built in, higher stepper accuracy.
If you have trouble roll to older V1.13 and then do single version upgrades until you get to the one that works for you.
Now all is good, I'm printing large and small with out raft on glass in both ABS and PLA.
Working right now on a set of 3 of the "Kongotronic 3000 TIME DEFENDER Robot Clock"
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:38444
printing at 0.3 layer and Normal, no raft, solid in thermal color changing ABS, 3 different colors.
Will post pictures on thingiverse when done
Drew Petitclerc
Petitclerc Designs
Owner/Senior Principal Designer, prototype, tooling and test equipment design and 3D printing
http://flash-graphics.deviantart.com/
http://www.thingiverse.com/DrewPetitclerc

svid123

Re: Rom 6.041 & UP 1.17 gives unpractically WEAK STRENGTH

Post by svid123 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:38 pm

DrewPetitclerc wrote:If you have trouble roll to older V1.13 and then do single version upgrades until you get to the one that works for you.
Thanks, I'll try to restore 1.13 version