[BUG] Print head hitting support

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
pilotltd
[BUG] Print head hitting support

Post by pilotltd » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:38 am

V2.0's movement strategy is flawed.

Did a long print yesterday (7.5hrs) of the Mr Moon night light.
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:53899 So far I've done the face. It fits if you rotate 45 degrees :)

Software creates a raft and a support structure for the overhanging part. Unfortunately it prints the part then the support and then rapids back directly through the support layer where it's just printed hitting it! Then drops the platform to start the next layer. Surely it should avoid the support and/or change height before doing the rapid to the start of the next layer?

Fortunately I've seen the behaviour before and used a closely spaced support this time, as I've had it wipe out a flimsy support before now, this time it survived despite making horrible clicking noises. However it cakes the head in burnt ABS eventually.

The platform is level, part didn't lift or warp and the print took long enough for me to look carefully at what was happening (repeatedly).

Steve