PP3DP official release UP software v2.0

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Tiertime-Edward

PP3DP official release UP software v2.0

Post by Tiertime-Edward » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:57 am

UP software v2.0 is released today, and here are some major features that you may interest in.

1. When printer is extruding or withdrawing filament, platform will move 30mm lower to avoid possible filament mess around nozzle.

2. Software can automatically figure out if 'unsolid' option is necessary.

3. Added "surface printing" option to enable single layer printing. Surface printing is not recommended for models with bottom or models require inner fill structure, otherwise no bottom or top is printed.

4. Added the feature that allows pause at a specific height during a print. This feature is very useful if you want to change color for a specific design.

Pause print at a specific height does not include the height of the raft. For instance, if your print is 0.2mm Z resolution with a pause at 5mm, the pause will occur at the height of 5mm of the actual model from the model bottom.

Note:
Print can’t be paused for the first four layers.
Pause print may not be precise as the height you specified, because the slicing layer thickness may not reach the exact height.

5. Added .UPP format, a new UP project file format, in which print parameters are saved. When opening an UPP file, print parameters set with the model previously will be loaded automatically for immediate printing. This feature will make your life easier for multiple prints with various parameter settings.

Note: Unsolid model option and time setting for platform heating after model is complete are not saved in .UPP file.

6. Data transmission boosted from PC to UP Plus 2 3D printer, taking advantage of high speed CPU. (only for UP Plus 2).

7. Automatic Platform leveling calibration & Automatic platform height calibration (UP Plus 2 only).

8. For more details information of this upgrade, please see the software download page.

Gilius

Re: PP3DP official release UP software v2.0

Post by Gilius » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:30 pm

Still no signed driver for windows 8?

juancr

Post by juancr » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:12 am

Hi.
I have a problem with this new software: it is in catalonian or something like that and I don't know how to change the language to spanish or english.
Can anyone help me?
PC: I would prefer not to uninstall the software and reinstall again...
Regards,
JuanCR
(You should know I do my best with my written english ;-) )

Numonic

Post by Numonic » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:35 pm

Wondering if this software applies to the Up Mini as well?

roller

Post by roller » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:13 am

Numonic wrote:Wondering if this software applies to the Up Mini as well?
The software is for all versions (Plus, Plus 2 and Mini) of Up printers.

Numonic

Post by Numonic » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:09 pm

Sweet! anything to say about the changes or should I just go with the update the current version I have is running fine wondering if changing will mess things up?

roller

Post by roller » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:04 am

Just note what your nozzle height is before you upgrade. I've had this disappear a few times when I changes versions so noting it down saves me working it out again.

healewis

Post by healewis » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:59 am

Hi is the new software v2.0 applicable to Mac computers? If so why after following the link and inserting my email address and serial number, am I only able to download v1.4(2)? To add to my frustration, the program continually goes into not responding mode and I have to go into force quit and lose everything I have done in preparation to print of which I have to say I have never had any success with from the outset as the raft always lifts no matter what I try to prevent it. Now I'm told to use my glove to warm the bed up evenly!!!! Come on Guys, sort things out

LonV

Post by LonV » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:49 am

No, the version 2.0 software is not available for the Mac yet. I'm a Mac user too, and I run it in VMWare to get the latest and greatest features. If I recall correctly, the Mac version will recover from not responding, after it's completing whatever task it's trying to do (heating up or something)...I'm not positive, users of the Mac version will be able to help more.

In terms of adhesion, here are some things to try/consider:

1) Your bed really needs to be as level as possible. If you can't correct for it physically, you can compensate for it in the Platform Calibration routine (not sure if this is available on the Mac version). I think it's best to compensate for it physically.

2) Preheat your bed for 10-15 minutes before starting a print.

3) If you're using the perf board, give it a good wipe of Acetone to remove any oils from the platform and it will soften any ABS left in little holes helping it stick

4) Make sure your bed is level. :P

5) Make sure your nozzle height is correct. I find about 2 sheets of paper thick from the nozzle to the bed.

6) If your part is very large, flat, and dense, it may be warping. WIthout modifying the part to remove stresses, you'd need to enclosure your printer so it retains more heat. Usually though, if this happens, I find the part will lift from the raft before the raft lifts from the bed (unless you haven't done 1-5).

Just some thoughts.

-Lon

roller

Post by roller » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:11 am

healewis wrote:Hi is the new software v2.0 applicable to Mac computers? If so why after following the link and inserting my email address and serial number, am I only able to download v1.4(2)? To add to my frustration, the program continually goes into not responding mode and I have to go into force quit and lose everything I have done in preparation to print of which I have to say I have never had any success with from the outset as the raft always lifts no matter what I try to prevent it. Now I'm told to use my glove to warm the bed up evenly!!!! Come on Guys, sort things out
When it freezes pull out your printer USB cable from your Mac .. it usually will stop waiting or doing whatever the hell made it freeze and you can use the program again and just plug the printer back in. It's annoying I know. Latest released version for Mac was 1.5.2 but it seems to have disappeared so I presume there was an issue. Hopefully we will see the latest update for Mac soon.