Windows 8 compatability

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
eyUP

Windows 8 compatability

Post by eyUP » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:37 pm

Has anyone tried the UP! software on Windows 8 yet ?
Does it work ? Is there anything to be aware of ?

wackojacko

Re: Windows 8 compatability

Post by wackojacko » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:37 pm

It doesn't work yet

www.3DPrintingSystems.com
Bruce
http://www.3DPrintingSystems.com

Need help with your printer, check out our Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/3dprinting ... /playlists

roller

Post by roller » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:28 am

Any word on when? Final version of Windows 8 has been out for 3 months and is now publicly on sale. I am already receiving a raft of questions about it in other forums I moderate. Every remaining Vista user seems to be taking the leap because of the cheap upgrade where they thought twice at the prohibitive Windows 7 upgrade cost.

TTT험ทดสอบ

Post by TTT험ทดสอบ » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:31 am

Window 8 needs "Driver Signing", UP's USB dirver has't the signing.

We have install up's dirver in window 8 by start it in the special mode.

Google how to ignore the dirver sign in window 8.

darkhouse.

eyUP

Post by eyUP » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:47 am

Every remaining Vista user seems to be taking the leap because of the cheap upgrade where they thought twice at the prohibitive Windows 7 upgrade cost.
I'm not surprised....I'm currently upgrading my laptop from Win7 home premium.
At the moment it's only 25 GBP to upgrade to Win8 Pro which gives me Domain login support and Media Centre is thrown in for free too... a real no-brainer - even more so for Vista users :D

roller

Post by roller » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:31 am

Annoying thing I noticed as I wanted to do an upgrade with a clean slate is that it doesn't ask you to prove you have upgrade valid media mid way through, instead it just installs and refuses to activate because you didn't upgrade ... annoying! So when I replace a hard drive I have to reinstall an earlier Windows and then reinstall Win8 ... aargh.

eyUP

Post by eyUP » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:29 pm

I've got the UP! drivers installed and working on Windows 8 Pro :D
This forum post shows what you need to do:
http://www.denfordata.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3919

Basically, windows 8 out of the box will not install or even ask about unsigned device drivers - luckily there is a start-up option which allows them

walter

Post by walter » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:45 am

It worked for me on an old laptop installed with Windows 8 (non-Pro). I had to manually install the drivers for the printer through the device manager.

Tiertime-Edward

Post by Tiertime-Edward » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:40 am

Hi All,

We have successfully installed the UP! driver in Windows 8. If you have a Windows 8, please see this instruction on how to install the UP! driver in Windows 8, http://www.windows7hacker.com/index.php ... windows-8/

teamcarlisle

Post by teamcarlisle » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:12 am

How are you guys getting the Up Software to install, nevermind the drivers. I try to install the 1.17 software and windows says "this app cant run on your pc" its incompatible software (Im running windows 8 pro) I've tried running it in different compatibility modes, and they still come back saying the software is incompatible, if I run as an administrator if says it cant even find the file i'm trying to run which just seems odd. Fresh install of windows 8, I've been able to install zbrush and blender with out problems. I can get the 1.18 executable to run, but that's an exe that doenst come with the drivers for the printer

eyUP

Post by eyUP » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:39 am

I think there is something wrong with the 1.17 download from pp3dp.com - I had the same thing, it wouldn't install on anything.

Downloaded another copy of it from a link in this post:
http://denfordata.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=3590

teamcarlisle

Post by teamcarlisle » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:36 pm

eyUP wrote:I think there is something wrong with the 1.17 download from pp3dp.com - I had the same thing, it wouldn't install on anything.

Downloaded another copy of it from a link in this post:
http://denfordata.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=3590

Thankyou soooooo much for your reply, that was my problem, I checked here before work, downloaded from your link and got it installed. I was going nuts last night trying to figure out why windows 8 kept saying the program was incompatible and wouldnt even let me try installing it regardless of my compatibility settings. Even worse I spent two hours trying to use google to figure it out, and I could not find anything relating to my situation. I was really beginning to doubt my google-fu skills, lol. I had wondered if my download was bad and redownloaded it a few times to no avail. Now that I know the original file I was trying to download was bad from the source it all makes sense. But I learned a lot about windows 8 at least!

Tiertime-Edward

Post by Tiertime-Edward » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:14 am

Hi all, we re-upload the v1.17 software on the website. It will be working normally now.