Up Studio with Cura or Craftware?

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
MiLien

Up Studio with Cura or Craftware?

Post by MiLien » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:12 am

Hello all, I know UpStudio has 3DS support but I am not looking to purchase a $100 license for a single problem. I am wondering if anyone has had luck with getting gcode from Craftware or Cura working and knows what settings to use. I am worried if I keep trying I will break my old Up Mini 1.

Hopefully not too off topic but I am only really trying to print a part with a single layer thickness but UpStudio insists on having two walls or removing the walls altogether (without "Thin Walls" selected). I am attaching some screen shots of an example model with walls 0.6-0.1mm thickness, longest-shortest respectively. You will note that UpStudio makes the 0.1mm one bigger than all the others! I dont understand. Craftware did the best slicing as Cura just is in its own world. I prefer Craftware but I know Cura is commonly used so someone might have already figured that one out.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Thinness-test-UpStudio.PNG
Notice the large small wall.
Thinness-test-UpStudio.PNG (165.63 KiB) Viewed 695 times
Thinness-test-Cura-4.0.PNG
Cura v4.0
Thinness-test-Cura-4.0.PNG (1 MiB) Viewed 695 times
Thinness-test-Cura-3.6.PNG
Cura v3.6
Thinness-test-Cura-3.6.PNG (909.12 KiB) Viewed 695 times
Thinness-test-Craftware.PNG
Very well sliced.
Thinness-test-Craftware.PNG (1.44 MiB) Viewed 695 times

TiertimeBrook

Re: Up Studio with Cura or Craftware?

Post by TiertimeBrook » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:59 am

We will waitting for anyone else's sharing cause I dont have much experiences working with 3rd party softwares, So sorry to cannot provide assistance