OS X 10.7.4: UP! Software V1.3 crashes

talk about anything
Fichotron

OS X 10.7.4: UP! Software V1.3 crashes

Post by Fichotron » Tue May 15, 2012 11:24 am

Hi,

since yesterday I have my new UP! 3D Printer.
The printer works perfect. I am very happy with it.

When I tried to start printing using the Mac Software V1.3 on my iMac, the program crashes every time when I click "Print".
I use OS X 10.7.4, which was released a few days ago.

After many attempts I gave up and installed the Windows-Software V1.16 on my Parallels Virtual Machine.
This runs perfect - and it looks much better than the Mac-Software ;)

TTT험ทดสอบ

Re: OS X 10.7.4: UP! Software V1.3 crashes

Post by TTT험ทดสอบ » Tue May 15, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi Fichotron,

The problem is caused by the null print settings. Please click menu"3d print -> setup", select the appropriate settings.

darkhouse

Fichotron

Post by Fichotron » Sat May 19, 2012 9:47 am

Thanks Darkhouse, I will try this.

Fichotron

JuliaDee

Post by JuliaDee » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:59 pm

I too, experienced a lot of "spinning beachball of death" freezes at various times before giving up and hooking up a Windows box instead so I could print. I wasn't keeping real close track of the circumstances leading up to the freezes but will do so next time I try the Mac.

I do greatly appreciate the developer's efforts to support the Macintosh platform, and generally the app is decently done.

One thing that bugs me on both platforms is that the app will only open files from the File menu. You can't double-click a file in the Finder or Desktop, you can't open it from Chrome after downloading, you can't drag a file's icon to the app's icon in the dock. Using the File menu is typically my least-frequently-used way of opening documents.