Software & Printer Operation...

talk about anything
SamW

Software & Printer Operation...

Post by SamW » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:10 am

Software:
Under Part in the software what is the meaning of Angle <: 45, 50 deg, etc

Under Support in the software what is the meaning of Angle <: 45, 50 deg, etc, Dense, Space & Area >: 5mm2, etc

Printer Operation:
How does one remove the filament from the printer after printing? I use withraw button in the software to get it out of the printhead when it is still hot. Afterwards, I have to pull it out of the printer manually and this scrapes off some of the ABS filament. Is there a way to remove the filament from the printer like how it moves automatically when you pull it a little bit through the printer?

Printhead:

What is the printhead entry diameter (hole on top of printhead)? I know it is bigger than the filament diameter but what is the actual diameter (+/-).

Thank you

wilsonj

Re: Software & Printer Operation...

Post by wilsonj » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:24 am

Hi Sam,

You can download the manual here. It explains the printing parameters. http://3dprintingsystems.com/3DPSmanual.pdf

If I understand correctly, you want to remove the filament after a print, when the nozzle is cold. You can't. The filament is melted in the nozzle. You can only use the withdraw feature.

Sorry, don't know the entry size on the actual print head. My guess would be 2mm.
Regards
Jamie
3DPrinterGear.com.au

SamW

Post by SamW » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi Wilson,

Thank you for the reply. No, I use the withdraw feature when the printhead is heated up to melt the filament...I do not pull when cold. Once this is done I am able to remove it from the print head top. Afterwards, I then have to pull it out completely manually from the driving wheels. It does not semi-automatically allow me to pull it out from the driving wheels like it does when you are pushing it through the driving wheels.

I also wanted to find out if you have the instruction manual in German?

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:25 pm

Do you swap the filament that often? I allways found it relativly easy to remove.
Also, what english part of the manual are you having trouble with?

rachard1583

Post by rachard1583 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:04 am

When it comes down to 3D printing, this technology can out-do CNC cutting because a 3D printer doesn't work off of multiple axis's, it outperforms the aspect of cutting at certain aspects.

---- SPAM ALERT --------