Ordering from UP3DUSA

talk about anything
mmount

Ordering from UP3DUSA

Post by mmount » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:10 pm

Hi all,

I'm in Canada and I ordered an UP! 3D printer from UP3DUSA.

However I'm not very happy with the response time. I ordered it on March 26th. They took my money fast enough(through Paypal) but I haven't heard much more.

I emailed them asking how long it would take to ship and was asked to email them the following week. I emailed them last week twice and have not heard anything at all.

Has anyone had any issues ordering from them?

I'm getting a bit concerned. I understand it might take some time to order - it's the lack of response that upsets me.

Perhaps I should have got it from the China site?

Thanks,

Mike

iomega

Re: Ordering from UP3DUSA

Post by iomega » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:25 pm

Mike,

I've had a couple orders from Up3DUSA and experienced the same lack of clarity of when my order would be shipped and had to continue checking in every week with no end in sight. I'm happy to say that they did come through in the end. Looks like there may be a significant backorder on the new v1.1 and it's affecting their delivery schedules. Don't lose hope :) As I recall, their website mentions there's a 2-4 week lead time on the printers.

pocketkk

Post by pocketkk » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:22 am

My experience has been good with them. Response was pretty quick and order came on time. Good luck

mmount

Post by mmount » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Thanks for the info guys.

Oddly enough, a little while after posting this I got a reply from Brian at UP3DUSA indicating that there is a 3-5 week lead time and that my printer will be ready at the end of April.

Mike

tree321

Post by tree321 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:20 pm

Mike, I'm just wondering if you got your printer yet.
I ordered one from UPUSA on March 28 and am still waiting for it.
They told me by the end of April as well

Thank you

josejuako

Post by josejuako » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:37 pm

I have a better experience whit Brian from UP3DUSA and you don't have any problem.

J

APA

Post by APA » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:17 pm

I ordered an UP 4 weeks ago from 3DUSA when they quoted me a 3-5 week lead time. They are now telling me the worst case could be early September, which would be 8+ weeks!

That time frame extends well beyond the 45 days of buyer protection that PayPal offers, which I am not willing to go beyond. It seems that others have had a similar problem, but no one has followed up saying how long it actually took. Any thoughts or comments?

JuliaDee

Post by JuliaDee » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:01 am

Octave Systems has Afinias in stock right now, $1,499 + $50 shipping, fully assembled, with USA phone support.

I am not affiliated with Octave, just a satisfied customer.

julia

DeanR

Post by DeanR » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:41 am

I purchased mine (2 printers) from 3D systems in Aus (actually New Zealand). Received in 1 week.

I live on a 6 weekly rotation living in both Aus and Hong Kong (hence why i purchased 2 machines) but last week (whilst here in Hong Kong) I needed to buy some new nozzles and I also purchased 2 rolls of 0.7Kg ABS very cheap compared to Aus. I placed the order through to PP3DP in Beijing (online) and tried to pay with Paypal. As my account was set up in Aus, Paypal would not let me process it in China for security reasons (now they tell me). I also could not cancel the order online, so I emailed PP3DP and a lovely girl (Christine) replied to me within minutes explaining that I can do bank transfer direct into their account instead. I did this over the internet and informed Christine I had paid. She told me the goods would be sent out the next day which she did. She even emailed me to say the goods had been sent and sent me the tracking number. They arrived in 2 days. Beijing to Hong Kong.

To me, this is fantastic service, especially from a Chinese company (which I work with everyday), and I felt like I was getting a special and personalised service. She even sent me the receipt, as I asked for it, but it only showed ABS Filament to be a Qty of 1. I asked Christine if this should be 2 but she said it is 1 parcel with 2 rolls. Without asking, she amended the receipt to show 2 rolls and emailed to me.

I think what I am trying to say is that the service and communication from PP3DP is fantastic and very quick, which in my books means Professionalism.

Maybe when ordering printers or consumables, you may want to try ordering from head office.

Dean

APA

Post by APA » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:11 pm

Thanks for the responses. I will keep Octave Systems in mind and will also post back here so others can know how the situation gets resolved.

eyUP

Post by eyUP » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:23 am

It appears that the Chinese are pretty busy at the moment trying to keep up with rapidly growing demand...availability of the UP! Mini has also been put back a month.
Hopefully you'll find your patience is rewarded with a quality bit of kit which hasn't been rushed out the door.

APA

Post by APA » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:45 pm

After my request to UP3DUSA, they got the printer to me within the 45 days of PayPal buyer protection. It took about 6 weeks total, from when I placed the order.

I installed and calibrated it this weekend and am now on my fourth print! So far so good and I have been fairly impressed with the quality that it is producing, essentially out of the box.

Hopefully this provides some useful info to others who are shopping from the US.

juancr

Post by juancr » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:02 am

As DeanR said, I'm very happy with PP3DP China (thanks Christine), good comunication, fast answers and fast shipping (I live on the oder side of the world, in Spain)
Regards,
JuanCR
(You should know I do my best with my written english ;-) )

destoo

Post by destoo » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:07 am

I ordered from UP3DUSA and UPS just hit me with a 45$ surcharge on two spools of white ABS.
30$ broker fees, 15$ sales tax.

I wrote it before and will write it again until I remember: No more UPS for shipping from US to Canada.

If your business ships with UPS, I will take my business somewhere else.

It would have been cheaper to order from Australia, at that price.