temperatures

talk about anything
wilsonj

temperatures

Post by wilsonj » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:40 pm

Hi

I just received my new printer, and the new models don't have a thermister pot. I assume that now UP intend on making the temperature adjustment available through software? Otherwise how do you control temperature when printing with PLA ? Now that PLA is advertised as one of the printing materials, again I assume the above just to stay compliant with their own advertising.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Jamie
Regards
Jamie
3DPrinterGear.com.au

mr6k

Re: temperatures

Post by mr6k » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:31 am

Jamie,

While the newer model does not have a tweakable pot the PLA temperature is "activated" when you change the material setting to PLA. This is done in the maintenance menu under "New Spool", where you can choose ABS or PLA. You will see under maintance mode temperature monitoring that the printer starts at a lower nozzle temperature. Interestingly tlooking at the temperature monitoring the "start" temperature increases slightly with speed, Fine being lowest and fast highest temperature.
Like many other I would like to see a user adjustable temp setting in the software.

cheers

Peter

wilsonj

Re: temperatures

Post by wilsonj » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:49 am

Hi Peter,

thanks for that! I didn't realize. I've not got any PLA to try at present anyway...

It shouldn't be too much trouble to add in a "tunable" temperature control. Fingers crossed.

Cheers
Jamie
Regards
Jamie
3DPrinterGear.com.au