Z axis - platform not raising high enough?

talk about anything
Prototyper

Z axis - platform not raising high enough?

Post by Prototyper » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi all - after some help please :)

I have had my UP for about 6 months now, never a problem - it has had very light use. Tonight I found that after Initializing the platform will not raise high enough to set any nozzle height !

(Square 1 :( )
For example, I wish to set the nozzle to be 0.20mm from the platform but the MAX height I can enter via the Maintenance control window 133.1mm, for some reason something has changed the platform will not raise high enough.

I have tried: Re installed software, Restarted, reset etc.. I can not hear any slipping of belts.

I have moved the platform by hand upwards a fraction to compensate. This then allows me to adjust the platform via the Maintenance window close enough to the nozzle to set 0.2mm. At this point if I click "To Bottom" the platform rides the the bottom and settles at CUR 0.0mm - ask it to go back to the top and it returns to the set to 0.2mm. AT THIS POINT if I Initialize again the platform will stop short of the nozzle and I am back at square 1.

Any suggestions? I should add that at the moment I have PERF board on so in relation to the original platform height its stopping quite short indeed.

mr6k

Re: Z axis - platform not raising high enough?

Post by mr6k » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:58 pm

It may be that the upper limit has corrupted or that you sometime set a lower than normal Z height. I notice that in the maintenance window the nozzle & platform max height shows as a number 1mm higher thanv the last setting used. If you have not already done so. Set the height as high as you can with the to: xxx.x. Then click the set height button to set the platform. This will change the nozzle & platform max height to 1mm above this xxx.x. You can then repeat the to:xxx.x where the limit will now be 1mm higher. I guess you could repeat this sequence if needed.

Or the error might be elsewhere

cheers

Peter

wackojacko

Post by wackojacko » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:41 am

click set nozzle height at the most you can, then it will let you go up another 5mm. Repeat until you get it.
Bruce
http://www.3DPrintingSystems.com

Need help with your printer, check out our Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/3dprinting ... /playlists

Prototyper

Post by Prototyper » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:19 am

thanks for the suggestions - Ill try that this evening and post the results.

Prototyper

Post by Prototyper » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:51 am

Update: Problem fixed as per advise given :)

1.Open Maintance Window - Take the platform height as high as possible and set this as the new height.
2.Close the Maintance Window
3.Re-Open Maintance Window - the Max value you can move platform too has now increased (lol) - repeat.