brass pieces and jansen walkers

talk about anything
cambazz

brass pieces and jansen walkers

Post by cambazz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:27 pm

Hello,

Going tru my junkbox, I have found the parts that I needed. They are not exactly same size, but I would like to learn what they are called. I dont know what they are called, or where I got them from, and they can be probably manufactured from a brass pipe. I just need a box of them in different sizes and diameters, so I can base my future designs. So basically I need an assortments of the piece I have below pictured, but I dont know what they are called, or where I can find them.
brass.JPG
brass.JPG (93.52 KiB) Viewed 3919 times
I also need some power transmission belts, in various diameters. I took apart one from a scanner, but it is too too big. Here is a picture of it:
belt.JPG
belt.JPG (70.5 KiB) Viewed 3919 times
I am building a motorized jansen walker. I got this thing from thingiverse, and then redraw the same in sketchup, and changed the pins with pins of my making that snaps. Well, not that much successful, because there are precision issues. Here is a picture of them too:
The attachment jansens.JPG is no longer available
Now I have to find a way to motorize them, the current design is no good for that purpose, I am planning to change the driver parts with gears.

I will post progress on this work.

Best Regards, and any ideas/recomendations/help greatly appreciated.

-C.B.
Attachments
jansens.JPG
jansens.JPG (44.18 KiB) Viewed 3919 times

UPUPandAway

Re: brass pieces and jansen walkers

Post by UPUPandAway » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:03 pm

up at the top are some brass bushings and the "power transmission belt" is a timing belt.

Here's a place to get you started on timing pulleys: http://www.sdp-si.com/web/html/products.htm

acashman.cobb

Post by acashman.cobb » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:12 am

hey mate,

from here, it looks like the brass bushings are the ones that come with R/C Car Servos.

Cheers!

cambazz

Post by cambazz » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:07 pm

yes indeed those are from servos. i like to take things apart, then put their pieces in little boxes :) thank you.