Perfboard Wear

talk about anything
trebuchet03

Perfboard Wear

Post by trebuchet03 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:57 am

If you told me a couple months ago that printing on top of perfboard will eventually wear it out - I wouldn't have believed you.

I haven't had prints fail on it, but the surface is slowly getting worn away. Some areas (that are printed on frequently) are pitted like crazy... Time to flip it over to Side B :D
Engineer - Mechanical, Mechatronic, Reliability, Etcetera
One Offer
Mass Producer

Marcus

Re: Perfboard Wear

Post by Marcus » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:45 am

Wow, I would not have thought it would... but yes, flipping gives you enough time to order a spare one :-)

trebuchet03

Post by trebuchet03 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:02 am

My drafting class, in high school, had a plywood board with a piece of sandpaper glued on... For sharpening 2mm graphite pencil lead...

We used to always joke that someday the pencils would rise against the oppression of the sandpaper bully... By the time I graduated (4 years later), the pencils won :D
Engineer - Mechanical, Mechatronic, Reliability, Etcetera
One Offer
Mass Producer

Madox

Post by Madox » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:43 pm

trebuchet03 wrote:My drafting class, in high school, had a plywood board with a piece of sandpaper glued on... For sharpening 2mm graphite pencil lead...

We used to always joke that someday the pencils would rise against the oppression of the sandpaper bully... By the time I graduated (4 years later), the pencils won :D
Use 6Bs in the future :P

TeamTeamUSA

Post by TeamTeamUSA » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:20 am

trebuchet03 wrote:If you told me a couple months ago that printing on top of perfboard will eventually wear it out - I wouldn't have believed you.

I haven't had prints fail on it, but the surface is slowly getting worn away. Some areas (that are printed on frequently) are pitted like crazy... Time to flip it over to Side B :D
There was a boombox that played both sides:
Image.
Still trying to add that one to my collection...

Are you using the copper-clad board? I am, and except for three far-flung squares, it's good as the day I hacked it asunder. Maybe the copper functions as a sacrificial metal? ;)

Go!

=ml=
¡Fabricado no TeamTeamUSA!
movin' \ shakin' \ troublemakin'