Software Bug

talk about anything
Ashley

Software Bug

Post by Ashley » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:50 am

When I load a model, it does not always draw the raft for me.

Sometimes I have to go to print, then cancel the print to get it to draw one. If I let it go, it tries to print without the raft (starts out 3 or so mm above build surface!)

Can a button be added to draw the raft?

This is really frustrating having to cancel print, reboot printer, reinitialise. Not to mention the fact it doesn't always work first go.

Ash

TeamTeamUSA

Re: Software Bug

Post by TeamTeamUSA » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:31 am

Here's a re-initialization shortcut: http://pp3dp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91

Go!

=ml=
¡Fabricado no TeamTeamUSA!
movin' \ shakin' \ troublemakin'

trebuchet03

Post by trebuchet03 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:42 pm

Send us your specs (software version, operating system, etc.)...

When I load a model, it does not draw the raft. It's not a matter of just drawing or rendering, when you load a model, the software has no idea where the raft should go or what it should look like until it slices the model up. Navigating the software would be super slow if it did this every time you loaded a model or moved/scaled/rotated.

Click print preview - it does the calculation to figure out where the raft goes. Sometimes it doesn't show up immediately (at least for me), usually after a click or a view rotate (center mouse button) it will show up as a 2D yellow profile.
Engineer - Mechanical, Mechatronic, Reliability, Etcetera
One Offer
Mass Producer

-soapy-

Post by -soapy- » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:11 pm

Yes, it doesn't draw the raft until you tell it to do the work. That's what the preview is for, because until you tell it what the raft thickness should be, etc. it can't know what to render.

Note that you might want to change the colour scheme to make it easier to see details you care about.

Ashley

Post by Ashley » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:00 am

well thanks guys, the version of software I was using was old and the preview does the trick

Thanks

Ashley

Post by Ashley » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:18 am

looks like I was wrong. There are some models that just will not generate a raft. Not particularly complicated models either. Damn this is annoying :(

Gilius

Post by Gilius » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:01 pm

Can you post those models? I'm curious.

-soapy-

Post by -soapy- » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:10 pm

You might need to change the colours - some items generate different colour rafts which are very hard to see.