UP Software feature request

talk about anything
jmgiacalone
UP Software feature request

Post by jmgiacalone » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:35 am

Hello,

I am expecting delivery of my machine in the morning (I am very excited!), so in the meantime I have been looking at the UP software to prepare some models to print when the machine arrives.

pp3dp advised that I should print spare parts for the printer when it arrives, so I started laying out the models on the build platform in the UP software. That meant loading separate files into one build. I then tried to save this configuration of models, but the UP software appears to allow me to save one model file in the .UP3 format, but not the whole layout.

I think it would be an essential feature of the software to allow users to save what I would call production files, which would contain all the required models laid out as required on the build platform. My current method is to create a single stl model, (made up from all the models I want to print at the same time) in another software, and then I load that single file into the UP software.

I am using UP software v1.08.

If this feature already exists, I would be grateful if someone could show me how it works. Otherwise, it would be great if pp3dp would consider adding this feature to a future release of their software.
jmgiacalone
www.emakershop.com

TTT험ทดสอบ

Re: UP Software feature request

Post by TTT험ทดสอบ » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:14 pm

It will be available in the future version.

A project file will be used, which include the stl models and the print settings.

Darkhouse

jmgiacalone

Re: UP Software feature request

Post by jmgiacalone » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:46 pm

That sounds great :-)
jmgiacalone
www.emakershop.com