My Afinia / UP!3D Video Review

talk about anything
goopyplastic

My Afinia / UP!3D Video Review

Post by goopyplastic » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:35 pm

This will probably come off as pretty basic info for a lot of you but it irks me when there isn't a good video overview of the printers I am interested in. To hopefully help others out there get accustomed with the Afinia / UP!3D I made a short 4 part video review. I will also be posting clips regarding printing with PLA, tips and tricks etc. as I find them. I would also like to thank all of you for making this forum the great learning tool that it is.

You can see my videos here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/maxamillionschnell

juancr

Re: My Afinia / UP!3D Video Review

Post by juancr » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:16 pm

Great job. Very useful :geek:
Regards,
JuanCR
(You should know I do my best with my written english ;-) )

eyUP

Post by eyUP » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:08 am

Great, thanks for sharing.

I've never tried swapping filament half way through a print...I'm guessing after you hit "Pause print" from the maintenance window you can then withdraw and extrude as normal, then just hit the Pause button again to resume ?

mr6k

Post by mr6k » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:18 am

Eyup,

Correct, Just as you thought.

cheers

Peter

Numonic

Post by Numonic » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:50 pm

Great Review man really appreciate it. I'm not new to 3d printing but I am new the the interface of one since I have sent my work to be printed to other companies and I am going to purchase the Up Mini very soon. :)

Blown454

Post by Blown454 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:21 am

I watched all your videos Max and truly appreciated the effort you took in presentation of the torn down unit with explanation of all stuff inside, as well as the other informative ones on operation, etc. I liked the videos so much I ordered an Afinia on Thursday and it arrived Friday! :). I live on the Central Coast (California) so their free UPS ground shipping only took one day :). This isn't my first 3d printer rodeo, but I am new to the Up!/Afinia so learning a ton. I haven't even made my first print yet as I'm still looking, reading, etc. but am about to in a few mins. I have always had some warp issues with ABS and I ran across the 'Gekko table' something on Ebay (and blog) and that is looking very interesting to me! I also want an enclosure of some sort as I know how valuable it is to have one and NOT have one when printing stuff in ABS! That and the Gekko would hopefully be the end of warping and ABS, but will be putting the Afinia through its paces without either so here's to my new Up!/Afinia and no warpage!! :D

Blown454

Post by Blown454 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:29 am

I am also very interested in trying PLA with the Afinia, so maybe we can trade notes and such. I will be making Youtube videos a bit as well, nothing to your level, but just a little here and there as I feel the same way about needing lots of videos before making a decison on anything nowadays. In fact, it is likely if I hadn't ran across your videos, I probably wouldn't have bought the Afinia when I did (yesterday lol). I model in Solidworks at work, but ran across Bonzai3d on one of the Afinia sites and am trying it out (looks promising so far) so hopefully I can make some nice stuff on this mean maroon machine ;).