Problem with PLA on up mini

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
michaelhaineault

Problem with PLA on up mini

Post by michaelhaineault » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:10 am

hi, i've search the forum to find a solution to my problem, but nothing works. When i'm using PLA with my up mini, it does a knock knock knock and the printer stop feeding for like a second and continue and stop...etc. it's not always doing it, but it does it in every print i do. Sometimes the printer even stop and no filament is getting out of the nozzle. i've searched a lot on this problem, i tried a litle fan, a big one, i cleaned the nozzle and gear but nothing works for me. I cannot figure what's the problem and it's very annoying because i cannot finish any print because of this problem. ps: sorry for my bad english:P i'm french

wackojacko

Re: Problem with PLA on up mini

Post by wackojacko » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:22 am

Ensure that the filament is free to be pulled off the roll. If it's too much force it can stop it. Also your PLA temperature might be too low for the UPs 200c.
Check the drive grear is clean
Bruce
http://www.3DPrintingSystems.com

Need help with your printer, check out our Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/3dprinting ... /playlists

michaelhaineault

Post by michaelhaineault » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:32 pm

I already check both, and still doesn't change anything! The filament spool turns freely and the temperature on the computer says ~200'c. I don't know what to try anymore :(

tonybony51

Post by tonybony51 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:47 am

meme probleme avec Up! Plus sauf avec le PLA faberdashery (mais il est chere)

realrouge

Post by realrouge » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:04 pm

Try the abs setting (click on new spool and select abs instead of pla)
This increases the temperature. I was trying flexpla filament and the pla setting did not work. the abs did....

temperature control would be nice in new software....

michaelhaineault

Post by michaelhaineault » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:31 pm

I just tried printing a piece with the abs seting instead of pla and wouaw! Works perfectly! I also put a big fan in front of the printer to make sure there is enought air to cool down the piece. Thank you! I'll print couples of pieces and come back.

michaelhaineault

Post by michaelhaineault » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:24 am

After having print a couple of pieces with the abs settings i can told you that it solved my problems bit it's not perfect. There is no click click click anymore and it doesn't stop in the midle of a print anymore! But because the temperature of the extruder is higher, it's nearly impossible to remove the raft and the support from the pieces (they are stick together). Also, the print quality is not that good and the pla have a shiny look (like the abs) that was not there with the pla settings. With the pla settings, the pieces were much better, but i could not finish a piece -__-
Im still waiting for the perfect solution to work with pla on my up mini, so ill keep searching and trying!

Oral

Post by Oral » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi,

I have encountered this problem with my up mini couple of months ago. The only way to use PLA on Up mini is using temperature mod. You must mount a temp mod on the printer. The extruder needs very low temperature with PLA. You must use PP3DP PLA filament also. :)

edrury

Post by edrury » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:52 pm

Hello, I'm having some issues with printing PLA on our mini2. The situation is a tad bit strange as normally I have no issues printing with PLA. However, this time, after printing 4 models using the same roll of PLA (the filament is from Tiertime), the extruder isn't able to extrude the filament as soon as I initiate the print with the same roll of PLA. I get the clicking noise as the extruder star wheel isn't able to push the filament through the nozzle. If I'm extruding the filament in maintenance mode, it extrudes perfectly fine, as smooth as butter. Does anyone have any idea how to get around this?

I did take apart the print head and brushed out the extruder star wheel and made sure there were no clogs from old filament.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:24 pm

Hi.

I've seen this a lot with ABS on mine. Extrudes fine in "full bananas maintenance" but fails during the print. I've put this down to partially blocked nozzles. Every time after having a a jam I now swap out the nozzle whether it'll extrude or not.

Worth a try at least.

Owen S.

Amend

Post by Amend » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:25 pm

I've got a similar problem, but the PLA bulges over the screw threads after some minutes of totally fine printing.